Question about 1992 Mazda MX-5
OK, this is what the StreerRodders face all the time.
1) Pull all the plugs and get new ones ready.
2) Drain the Oil and replace with 10W-30 with new filter
3) Check the water level in the radiator - make sure up to level
4) Put several ounces of sea-foam down each cylinder
5) Hand crank engine over several times
6) Use starter motor to spin over motor several more times
7) Put Spark Plugs back in.
8) Make sure fuel in fuel tank is drained
9) Add new premium fuel - Use an air hose to clean the fuel line to the engine
10) Pump through new fuel by loosening the fuel line by engine and pumping a bunch through - hook back up tight.
11) Try starting engine -
12) If Carb engine use a bunch of carb cleaner in the carb before starting to clean out most or junk
13) Once engine is started monitor oil pressure and temperatures carefully - run for about 10 minutes
15) Drain Oil - replace filter again - put in new synthetic oil - recommend Amsoil 0-30W
16) Drain radiator and flush out -
17) Reset radiator fluid and top off.
18) check for leaks everywhere
19) Start again and drive carefully for 100 miles and you should be good to go.
Posted on Aug 01, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 09, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 31, 2010 | 1997 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Aug 11, 2010 | 1997 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Sep 21, 2009 | 1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Sep 19, 2009 | 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Aug 27, 2009 | 2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Jun 26, 2009 | 2002 Mazda Miata
May 19, 2009 | 1992 Mazda MX-3
Apr 03, 2009 | 1992 Mazda MX-5
Jan 22, 2009 | 1992 Mazda MX-5
268 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: