Question about Mazda 626
This is error code below and a testimony how they encounter the trouble just click...
P0708 Transmission Range Sensor Circuit High Input
-97 Mazda 626 4 cyl AT OBD II code P0708 - OBD-Codes.com
1. Place the transaxle selector lever in the neutral position.
2. Loosen the switch mounting bolts.
3. With the switch in the neutral position, insert the proper size pin into theadjustment hole and tighten the attaching screws
4. Remove the screw on the switch body and move the switch so that the screwhole is aligned with the small hole inside of the switch. Check the alignmentby inserting a small pin (0.079 in. or 2mm for all models except Millennia,which uses a 0.13 in. or 4mm pin) in the hole.
5. Tighten the mounting bolts and remove the pin.
6. Install the screw to the switch body and tighten.
7. Check the adjustment by trying to start the engine in all gears. It shouldonly start in Park and Neutral.
I hope this will help others who may have similar problems:
I found this on the following site http://www.mazda626.net/index.php?showt... 6&hl=p0708
Here is a picture of the Range sensor (nuetral/park switch) In the middle ofthe picture you will find a "D" this is where the mark should alignwhen in "Drive" I used a scribe and marked mine in the Park modeprior to removing. Also may i suggest using a digital camera when taking thingsapart so you have a reference to fall back on. It has worked for me.
hope this may help;
Posted on Jul 31, 2008
Www.hmaservice.com provides a gud insite about codes.. You'll need to register for a free account, and the site requires Internet Explorer. Once you've logged in, select "service information," and click on the TSB (technical service bulletin) tab. Enter your year and model, select transaxle, and read the service bulletins I reference below.
P0708 indicates that multiple inputs were received at the same time from the transmission range switch. In most cases, the range switch itself is the culprit and needs to be replaced. There are instructions on replacing the range switch, including proper adjustment of the switch and shift cable in TSB 03-40-013. Most do-it-yourselfers will be able to tackle this job
hope this helps
Thanks for using Fixya
Posted on Jul 31, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 22, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 22, 2012 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Mar 20, 2011 | Ford Contour Cars & Trucks
Feb 24, 2011 | Ford Expedition Cars & Trucks
Nov 23, 2009 | 2000 Mazda 626
Jul 11, 2009 | 1997 Ford Contour
May 25, 2017 | Mazda Cars & Trucks
1,251 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: