- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
code p 2004 refers to intake manifold air control actuator bank 1--actuator stuck open===causes --wiring--intake manifold air control actuator---mechanical fault
it also refers to intake manifold air control solenoid bank 1--solenoid stuck open=== causes --wiring---intake manifold air control solenoid---mechanical fault
reference auto data technical fault codes
I cannot find reference to the VREF or VPWR as they may be referenced in a ford workshop manual so you may have to ask a ford service person what they stand for but I suspect that they will come back to the same thing as listed in the causes
- Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC) monitor signal shorted to power
- Faulty Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC) actuator
- Faulty Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC) solenoid
- Damage Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
- Blocked vacuum hoses alt="What does this mean?"> What does this mean?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P2004 Ford Description
The P2004 is set when the Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC) is commanded closed by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM), but the IMRC indicates open.
The EGR Valve is located right on the back of the intake manifold on the left side.
Take the cover off the top off the intake manifold and you will see groves under it inside these groves are a couple of hole about 5/16 diameter. clean the holes and groves , and your back in business.
Note somtimes this area gets so gummed up you may not see the groves , make sure you clean out the grooves and the holes .
This should help.Thanks.Helpmech.
The valve should be in the valve cover on the V-8. There will be a vacuum line about 1/2" ID from the intake manifold to the valve cover.
Hope this helps, rate me high.