The fuel filter on most Mazda cars can be located on a bracket in
the left rear of the engine compartment, next to or beneath the brake
master cylinder fluid reservoir or as part of the fuel pump assembly.
the Millenia, the fuel filter is located beneath an access cover in the
trunk. Access to the cover is achieved by removing the trunk mat to
expose the cover.
The filter on Mazda 3 models is part of the fuel pump assembly.
fuel filter on all Mazda cars can be located on a bracket in the left
rear of the engine compartment, next to or beneath the brake master
cylinder fluid reservoir or as part of the fuel pump assembly.
How to Replace a Fuel Filter
- Fuel Filter - $175.45
- 3/8 in. drive ratchet - $7.55
- Hose pincher - $4.07
- Flare nut wrench - $5.53
- Flat Head scredriver - $3.14
- Socket Set
the hood and locate the fuel filter. If the fuel filter is not in the
engine compartment, follow the fuel line from the tank until the fuel
filter is located.
1. Fuel filter in engine compartment
Safety Tip:Always wear safety glasses when working on your vehicle.
Wear other personal protective equipment (PPE) when necessary, for
example latex gloves or safety shoes.
- 2. If the fuel filter has a clear case, inspect the filter element for dirt.
- 3. If
the fuel filter case is not see-through, remove it from the fuel
line. Drain the fuel from the filter into a container and inspect the
condition of the fuel.
Caution: Before removing fuel lines or fuel related parts, make sure
that the fuel pressure is relieved from the vehicle fuel system. To
relieve the pressure in fuel injected systems, remove the fuel pump
fuse and run the engine
- 4. Install
the new fuel filter making sure that the flow is in the correct direction. The arrow on the fuel filter is the direction of flow from
the tank to the engine.
- 5. Secure the lines back onto the fuel filter. If applicable, reinstall the fuel pump fuse.
- 6. Start the engine and check for fuel leaks.
- 7. Test drive the vehicle to check for a rough running engine, hesitation, or lack of power.
- Good luck (remember rated this help).