Question about 1999 Pontiac Sunfire
How do i remove the window crank handle
There is a butterfly clip that sits in a set of notches on the actual crank handle. you will need something small and long enough., like a mini flat head srewdriver. Push the door surface and turn the crank until you can see the ends of the clip. Now, use your screwdriver to push the clip off the crank handle. It will shoot off so keep an eye on the ground when you get it off. Hope that helps.
Posted on Nov 13, 2008
How do you get a window handka off a chevy cavalier
Posted on Oct 31, 2008
they have push in clips that hold the panel on the door you can pull it off with your hand or go to parts store and buy a door panel removal tool
PLS take time to rate this solution and by the way you will probably need to buy new push in clips to hold panel on
Posted on Feb 17, 2009
Removing the door is very tricky, trust me on this. I ended up breaking it the first time, so please learn from my mistake.
1. Remove all visible screws: 2 at bottom of door, 3 on front near hinge, 1 on inside the door lever. You will need an average size phillips screwdriver to do this.
2. On the door handle itself, you will see two circles. Pop the front one out. You will need a LARGE size phillips screwdriver to do this.
3. Once screws are removed, take a (standard) flat-head screwdriver, preferable one with a large face, and pry the triangular piece of plastic (that covers the outside SIDE mirror) off. This will aide in puting the door panel back on...TRUST ME!!!
4. Take the same flat-head screwdriver, and pry behind the door lock (at the same time, push forward toward the door hinge). The assembly should pop out.
5. Gently pry the door panel from the door, making sure not to break any unnecessary pieces along the way. The door panel should be hanging by the window sill opening.
6. This is where it will get tricky. It is advised that you use help with this part: Angle the door panel at a 45 degree angle. AT THE SAME TIME, slightly bend and twist the door lock handle until it fits through the hole. You will see the 3 pegs the held it in the door from before. Also note: Be careful not to break the 2 poles that are attached to the lock.
7. After popping the lock through the hole, you should be able to lift the door upward, and off the sill. Repeat these steps in reverse order to re-attach door panel.
Be careful not to rip sound-deadening paper found on inside of door unless you intend to remove or replace it! Not only does it prevent dirt and moisture from entering your door (and possible rusting it from the inside out), but it makes your speakers sound better too!
**It is also recommended to put a tiny bead of silicone on the inside of the door panel to help suppress any rattling, and prevent moisture and dust from entering. It also helps your screws obtain a tighter fit. Hope this helps!
Posted on Mar 24, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 10, 2014 | 2006 Citroen C3 1.4i
Mar 15, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
To remove window crank handle,
pull the handle toward you exposing the
window crank handle retaining clip on the
back side of the window crank handle. Using
your trim panel removal tool, apply pressure
to the window crank handle retaining clip to
remove the crank handle.
Aug 09, 2012 | 2005 Kia Spectra
Jun 27, 2012 | 1994 Suzuki Swift
The process of removing car door panels is essentially the same for each make of car. You may need to remove these panels when your fixing locks or power windows, replacing window cranks, installing speakers or replacing the side mirrors. Learning how to remove the panels yourself can save money on simple car repairs.
Check out how the door panels are attached to the car. Most panels use screws and bolts but others have snap-in fittings. Gather all the tools you need for removing the door panels. If the panel is attached with screws and bolts, you need a screwdriver or ratchet and socket. Car door panels with snap-in fittings are easily removed with a flathead screwdriver.
Locate where the screws and bolts are before starting. These are usually found in the arm rest area, along the bottom or sometimes near the door lights.
Roll down the car door window. Begin removing all screws and bolts that hold the door panel onto the car. If your car has snap-in fittings, pry gently on the bottom corner of the door panel until the fittings pop out.
Remove the power window control panel if your car has power windows. The control panel should pry out easily, and then you unplug the wiring harness from the back and place it to the side.
Use an L pick and flashlight when locating a manual window crank. Look behind the window crank and slide the pick under the edge of the metal clip that holds the crank in place. Remove the clip and pull the crank off.
Remove the door handle by unscrewing the small screw located in the center. Gently pull the door handle out until you see the back of the handle and unclip the rod from the door handle. This should remove the handle unless the handle and door lock are attached, then you just unclip the rod from the lock and remove them both together.
Unscrew the cap off rear upper corner door panel locks. These don't have a rod attaching them to the handle and unscrew separately from the door handle.
Pop the door panel off after you've removed everything. Gently pry on the bottom edge of the door panel until it releases. Pull out and up to completely remove the door panel.
Jan 10, 2012 | 1998 Oldsmobile Silhouette
Apr 10, 2010 | 2006 Kia Rio
Dec 15, 2009 | 2001 Chevrolet Tracker
Jun 14, 2009 | 2003 Pontiac Grand Am
May 23, 2009 | 2001 Toyota Avalon
Jul 25, 2008 | Jeep Wrangler Cars & Trucks
668 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: