Question about 2004 Nissan Sentra

1 Answer

Clogged transmission vent hose/ looking for location

Posted by on

  • Anonymous Feb 23, 2009

    transmission won't shift into second gear

  • kennyandshei May 11, 2010

    Where does the hose plug into?



1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Nissan Master
  • 726 Answers

Hose is on top of the trans assembly/ Its actually a small steel elbow with hose slid on it.

Posted on Jul 28, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have a 2001 montol Carlos,and i cant put gas in the gas takes me 20 min to put gas in car.

Probably has blocked vent line. Look under car at fill hose and you should see a smaller second hose = vent line. Disconnect and check for clogged.

Jun 04, 2015 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Dos the vent hose on the transmission E40D Go to anything

vent hoses allow pressure build up to escape and so the seals do not leak. Check with a transmission shop as the metal tube may be the end of a vacuum hose

Aug 12, 2014 | 1998 Ford F150 Regular Cab

1 Answer

2006 jeep commander pushing fluid up vent hose

ck your breather on the trans prob clogged ,

Mar 28, 2014 | Jeep Commander Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Where is transmission vent tube for 1996 chevy K1500 - suspect it is clogged but cant find it

vent from trans comes out of trans on the passenger side of the is located about 1/3 the way back on top of the trans.a rubber hose will be attached and usually connects with the transfer case vent hose.If the trans overheated chances are there is a problem with the transmission.if the fluid smells burnt you have bigger issues.

Mar 09, 2014 | 1996 Chevrolet K1500

1 Answer

Ac drain clogged

You probably have a clogged A/C drain which is causing water to collect under the blower motor under the dash on the passenger side. I had the same problem and the dealership was useless. Apparently, there is not a single place on the internet that will tell you where the A/C drain hose is located inside the cabin. Look for a vent on the driver side center console next to the accelerator pedal. Remove the vent you will see a thick rubber hose running into the floor. Remove the hose and be ready to catch the overflow. Use a compressor to blow out the hose and the connection on the floor. You should hear the air rushing out under the car if you have done this correctly. This will probably solve your leak. I really hope this works because I was unable to find this solution anywhere on the internet or forums.

Jul 21, 2012 | 2009 Chevrolet Traverse

1 Answer

Need a vacuum hose routing diagram for a 2002 Chevy S-10, 4.3 engine. I have a vacuum hose (from transmission) that does not terminate at an apparent location. Is is currently open-ended. There are...

Thinking this third hose is the actual vacuum hose that goes to the T near the vacuum reservoir located in the drivers side fender just below the antilock brake assembly. There is a one way valve in the line from the transmission to the T.

Nov 28, 2010 | 2002 Chevrolet S-10

1 Answer

1996 Chevy K1500 4L60E trans problem

O.k. the small hose that you have coming out of the case is the trans vent. The one going up the firewall is for the transfer case. The trans vent should be hooked to the transfercase vent. You say you have a 383? Are you running the fuel injection system. Is this a 4L60E (the stock transmission). If you have fluid coming from the vent, the transmission is getting too hot. Replace the cooler. Do away with the radiator cooler and add one to the front in front of the condenser.

Jul 22, 2010 | 1996 Chevrolet K1500

2 Answers

OBD code P0746. Where is the Pressure Control

P0746 Pressure Control Solenoid Performance or Stuck Off
A transmission solenoid is an electro-hydraulic valve that controls fluid flow into and throughout an automatic transmission. Solenoids can be normally open or normally closed. They operate via a voltage or current supplied via the transmission computer or controller. Transmission solenoids are usually installed in a Transmission Valve body, Transmission Control Unit, Transmission Control Module or inside the Transmission and it helps regulate the pressure from the trans fluid pump.

P0446 Evaporative Emmission Control System Vent Control Circuit Malfunction

What does that mean?
Evap vent valve has only one purpose. It closes in order to seal the vent so the EVAP system can pressurize and ensure there are no leaks. Evap vent valve is usually supplied Batt. voltage with key on. The ECM's driver controls the ground, and when grounded, activates the valve (closing it). If the ECM detects a short to ground, and open,or a short to battery voltage on the control circuit, P0446 will set. Code also may refer to ECM detecting that EVAP system is unable to achieve or maintain vacuum during test.

There will be no obvious symptoms to driver, other than MIL illumination.

A code P0446 could mean one or more of the following has happened:
* Faulty vent valve
* Open, short or excessive resistance on Vent valve control circuit
* Blockage of vent valve
* Bad PCM

Possible Solutions
With a P0446 OBD-II trouble code, here are some things to try:
* Replace Vent valve
* Repair open, short, or resistance problem in control circuit
* Repair open, or short, or resistance problem in power circuit
* Replace PCM

Hope this help (remember rated this post).

May 12, 2010 | 2003 Lexus Gs 300

3 Answers

Loose hose

This sounds to me like it may be a hose for some type of vacuum modulator that may be located within the transmission case. Look around the transmission on the underside of the car for any signs of any vacuum lines that may not be attached. It may also attach somewhere along the top of the transmission. Hope this helps.

Mar 12, 2009 | 1995 Mercury Villager

Not finding what you are looking for?
2004 Nissan Sentra Logo

Related Topics:

622 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Nissan Experts


Level 3 Expert

78919 Answers

Phil Lovisek
Phil Lovisek

Level 3 Expert

726 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers

Are you a Nissan Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides