Question about Chevrolet Suburban
Thought the same for my 99 burb alternator just took my crowbar and pryed it up slowly and it worked. Yea it gets snug and you feel like another bolt is holding it but there isnt one.
Posted on Dec 11, 2009
You may need to spray alittle W-D 40 where the bolts were then pry it up gently it in there very tight.
Posted on Jul 03, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
The easiest way to test the performance of the alternator is to perform a regulated voltage test.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 5
Fig. Fig. 2: Make sure the alternator ground wire is also removed
Fig. Fig. 4: ... followed by the upper pivot bolt. Make sure you support the alternator
Fig. Fig. 5: Using a C-clamp to push in the pivot bushing will make installation easier
Mar 16, 2013 | 1997 Nissan Maxima
2001 Lincoln Continental 4.6L engine
1. Disconnect negative battery cable
2. Drain radiator coolant until coolant has drained from overflow bottle
3. Disconnect overflow hose at bottle
4. Remove 2 top power steering reservoir bolts and position reservoir out of the way
5. Disconnect coolant level sensor and bottom hose from coolant overflow bottle
6. Remove retaining nut and bolt
7. Remove coolant overflow bottle
8. Remove drive belt
9. Remove 4 fasteners from top alternator bracket and remove bracket
10. Remove attachment bolts and alternator from vehicle
11. To install reverse proceedure
12. Fill radiator and overflow bottle
13. Bleed air from cooling system
Feb 26, 2011 | Lincoln Continental Cars & Trucks
Feb 22, 2010 | 2003 Chevrolet Suburban 1500
Nov 03, 2009 | 1997 Chrysler Concorde
Oct 23, 2009 | 2002 Chevrolet Suburban
Jul 15, 2009 | 1997 Volkswagen Jetta
Apr 15, 2009 | 1999 Chevrolet Tracker
Apr 08, 2009 | 1995 Nissan Maxima
Dec 01, 2008 | 1997 Chevrolet Suburban
May 15, 2008 | 1997 Pontiac Sunfire
603 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: