Question about 2007 Ford Focus (3 Door) Hatchback
Can anyone help before I break down and take it to a TRANNY SHOP or SIMILIAR.
I have a 2007 FORD FOCUS with 35,000 mile on it with an Automatic transmission 2.0. NO WARRANTY
While driving the vehicle and I have babied this vehicle It would do the following
1. **** or jump from second to third
2. Kick into nuetral while in second or third gear. Slip into neutral
3. O/D light on dash would flash on and off
I have done the following minor things to see if this solves the problem
1. Got a Code PO 772 Shift Solenoid Stuck on "E"
2. Replaced the solenoid
3. Replaced the tranny fluid and filter MERCON V
While I had the Tranny pan off I discovered
1. silver (teaspoon full) fine metal shavings on the magnet
After I changed the fluid and filter I toke it for a test drive and went well for the 1st ten miles and it went right back to the same slipping,jerking symtoms.
With the information i gave you above
1. Is the tranny fixable or trashed
2. Could it be electrical from the main computer - Sensor, MAP, or etc...
I have done alot of research from websites on this FORD FOCUS tranny and am leaning towards a used tranny from a junk yard with 8,000 miles on it. This is 1/3 of the price as it would cost to rebuild mine.
After looking under the vehichle it seems this would be the easiest to put a used one in. What is your feeling ? Advice appreciated
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 28, 2014 | 2007 Ford Focus 2.0
Jan 24, 2014 | 2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan
Dec 29, 2010 | 2002 Ford SVT Focus
Mar 08, 2010 | 1996 Dodge Caravan
Jan 06, 2010 | 2008 Ford Focus SE Sedan
Dec 09, 2008 | 2000 Ford Focus
750 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!