Question about 2006 Chevrolet HHR
Garyhhr's solution will work, but steps 3 and 4 are not necessary. The air filter housing was designed as a snap in with rubber grommets. A firm steady pull with the front passenger side will show you how much effort it will take to pull it free. Do each of the remaining two separately. Also I would disconnect the MAP sensor before attempting to pull the filter housing off. Reassembly requires lining up those rubber grommets to the mounting studs.... take your time.... all that is needed is a firm downward push to seat them.
Posted on Nov 22, 2008
For my 2006 HHR (2.4L), you have to remove the air-intake/cleaner HOUSING first. This includes
1. There is a large (2.5" diameter) hose that is located at the front/center of the housing. Loosen large hose clamp from the hose that connects to the housing and pull hose off of HOUSING.
2. There is large diameter hose that is located on the right side (passenger side) of the housing that needs to be loosened, then removed.
3. Remove two 13mm nuts on the back of the housing that connects the housing to the engine.
4. Remove one little torx bolt on front/right side.
5. Unplug the electronics connector.
6. Now it's ready to come out!!
Now you have to disassemble the housing because the air filter is in there. This is simple.
1. Remove seven (7) torx screws and split the housing open ... remove the old filter with a new filter.
Posted on Nov 15, 2008
Look around the drivers front area of engine comprtment.its there.
Posted on Jul 27, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 20, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 15, 2015 | Peugeot Cars & Trucks
Jun 27, 2014 | 1997 Mercury Sable
Feb 14, 2014 | 2009 Pontiac G8
Dec 22, 2009 | 2004 Dodge Caravan
Dec 14, 2009 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Apr 27, 2009 | 1995 Oldsmobile Aurora
Apr 03, 2009 | 2005 Honda Odyssey
Mar 12, 2009 | 2003 Toyota Land Cruiser
305 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: