Question about 1998 Saturn SL
Hey there Brett.
It's fun. You go through the right front wheel well.
Before starting, consider a pressure wash of the areas in question. You'll need an easily movable light source too.
Procedure for pulling the alternator
1, Disconnect Negative battery cable.
2. Remove the serpentine belt.
3, Jack up the right front end.
!!! Use additional jack stands, engage e-brake and make sure the wheels are chocked. You do not want the car to fall while your working on, under or inside it !!!!
4. Remove the right front tire
5. Remove the wheel well splash shield. The splash shield is held on by a dozen or so anchors. Use a small flathead to pop the centers out. They should slide out. You'll get it. Remove the shield.
6. Remove the field and Bat+ wires.
7. Remove the two bolts. The alternator is now loose.
8. Remove the alternator through the wheel well. Don't get frustrated. It really can be done.
Remember: Good things come to those who Rate!
Posted on Oct 10, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 16, 2016 | 2003 Nissan Altima
Apr 08, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 03, 2015 | Nissan Cars & Trucks
Dec 16, 2010 | 1990 Ford F350
Apr 19, 2010 | 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Mar 24, 2009 | 2003 Saturn VUE
Dec 29, 2008 | 1994 Buick Regal Gran Sport
426 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: