Question about 1999 Audi A4
The locks on my car all of a sudden do not work either manually (button in car) or by remote. When I push the remote the Hazard lights flash and turns on the alarm as usual but, nothing moves mechanically (the knobs do not go up and down). I have tried interchanging the fuses but, nothing changed the result. Any suggestions....I don't want to take it to a mechanic or a dealer to get robbed for something that might be simple.
It sounds like the vacuum pump has gone out. The locks are vacuum-pump operated, and they're known to eventually fail on these and VW cars. Check that out - in my 99, the unit is in the trunk, passenger side. You have to remove the storage well between the wheel arch and the taillight, and pull the carpeting back, and the unit is down there just a bit below floor level.
Posted on Jul 26, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 15, 2016 | 1999 Nissan Altima
Jun 27, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 11, 2010 | 2001 BMW 330
Nov 16, 2009 | 2006 Nissan Altima
Apr 11, 2009 | 2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab
Nov 25, 2008 | 1990 Nissan Pulsar
Aug 06, 2008 | 2005 Nissan Murano
Remote Control Fob Procedures:
The Central Door locking is controlled by the Multi-Remote Control system which controls
the door locking, door super locking and emergency hazard reminders.
When the doors are locked and unlocked the unit flashes the hazard lights once for lock and twice for unlock.
A maximum of four remote controls are allowed to be programmed:
Ensure all the doors have been unlocked, either by using a good transponder key or remote
control plip key.
1. Turn the ignition switch from Position 0 to ON 6 times within 10 seconds.
2. Next, turn ignition switch to OFF position. Leave key in ignition switch.
3. Wait 2 seconds then the system will enter programming mode and will flash the warning
4. Press and HOLD the unlock button on the Plip.
5. While pressing the unlock button, press the lock button 3 times.
6. Release the unlock button.
7. The warning lights will flash once to indicate successful programming.
8. Repeat procedure 4 to 7 for up to 4 plip key's.
9. When completed turn ignition ON, and the warning lights will flash 2 times.
10. Remove key, and check all plip key's for operation.
NOTE : The programming mode will stop when either the ignition is switch ON, 4 plip keys
have been programmed or no input signal either from the switch or plip keys has been received
for 120 seconds.
i hope this can help you.. :)
Jul 28, 2008 | 2005 Nissan Sentra
620 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: