rocker cover, i edited it for you. (my guess high is over 800rpm)?
hot engine or cold engine or both?
if hot is water temp, 180F? or stuck at 149F"? too low...
are you in neutral or drive? or park.?
which engine?. is it there are many sizes used on Swifts,
one if the largest number of engines on car.
my guess is a "G" engine family.
High idle is usually a vacuum leak,
is this a CARB or EFI engine?, (TBI, throttle body injection:?)
if it is EFI and if TBI
any air leaks will cause too fast hot idle.
here is the list: EFI only ! electronic fuel injected.
- Vacuum leaks. (hose left off, or now cracked?)
- sticking ISC, idle controller.
- TPS set wrong, and no longer has a working idle switch.
- ECU in Limphome (if CEL lamp (dash) glows running , bingo)
- PVC hose fell off.. sucking in fresh air , and higher idle.
more if you have answers to what your engine and driveline
here is the lineup
GEN2 Swifts (the G family used)
1.0 L G10 (LP2) I3
1.0 L G10T (LS3) turbo I3
1.3 L G13A/BA (L72) 8V I4
1.3 L G13B/G13K 16V DOHC I4
1.5 L G15A 16V I4
1.6 L G16 16V I4