Question about Ford Explorer
Simple, you take the round end of the shifter cable and place it over the linkage bar on the transmition, apply presure and it should pop right on.
Posted on Oct 12, 2008
1998 ford expedition Sometimes when in park the car will not start until i move the shifter to nuetral, then the car starts everytime. no other problems i have noticed where is the switch from the shifter to the ignition
Posted on Sep 08, 2010
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 25, 2015 | 1996 Jeep Cherokee
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION (Continued)
Gear Shift - Floor Mounted
1. Raise the vehicle and disconnect the transmission
shift cable from the lower selector lever.
2. Disconnect the four nuts that attach the housing 6. Remove the whole floor shift housing by lifting
to the floorpan. vertically
1. To install the floor shift housing to the floorpan
reverse the above instructions in order 6, 5, 4.
2. Place the selector lever in the 'P' position.
3. Raise the vehicle.
4. Reconnect the four nuts that attach the housing to
5. Install the shift cable back onto the lower selector
6. Tighten the lock nut to the required torque to 28
7. Lower the vehicle and check transmission
operation in each selector lever detent position.
3. Lower the vehicle. 8. Check that the mode light functions correctly. For
4. Remove the centre console (Refer to section further information, refer to Section 307-05.
5. Detach the back light bulb/wiring.
I6 Floor mount shift components
Jan 12, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 03, 2013 | Saturn Cars & Trucks
Aug 07, 2012 | 1991 Dodge Spirit
Sep 23, 2011 | Chevrolet Cavalier Cars & Trucks
Feb 21, 2011 | 2006 GMC Envoy
Jan 11, 2010 | 1998 Chrysler Town & Country
Jan 01, 2010 | 1997 Dodge Ram 2500 Club Cab
Dec 30, 2009 | Dodge Stratus Cars & Trucks
Jul 17, 2009 | 1998 GMC Sierra
Jan 22, 2018 | Ford Cars & Trucks
408 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: