I know someone who is willing to change my spark plugs and wires if they are located "on top of the engine". He had trouble changing his own because they were in an weird spot. Could anyone tell me where they are located in my 2000 VW?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
the spark plugs are screwed into the engine located at the side near the top,if you can not see any ( thick ) wires leading to the top of the engine they will have a cover over them. google your car model and ask for location of spark plugs
FORD SABLE HAD TWO 3.0 ENGINES. ENGINE WITH CRANKSHAFT PULLEY FACING FRONT TOWARD RADIATOR AND GRILLE. CYLINDERS ON LEFT PASSENGER SIDE IS 1 2 3 CYLINDERS ON DRIVER SIDE THE RIGHT IS 4 5 6 GET PIECE OF PAPER WRITE NUMBER 321 AND WRITE UNDER THAT NUMBER THE NUMBER 456 STACK THEM NUMBERS ON TOP OF EACH OTHER THATS WHERE PLUGS WIRES LOCATION IS THE ROUTE THEM TO CYLINDER SPARK PLUGS NOW IF YOU HAVE THE 3.0 ENGINE TURNED SIDE WAYS.CYLINDERS FACING YOU 4 5 6 AND BACK CYLINDERS ARE 1 2 3 GET A PIECE OF PAPER WRITE NUMBER 456 THEN WRITE THIS NUMBER UNDER THAT NUMBER 321 WITH NUMBERS ON TOP OF EACH OTHER.LINED UP.THAT WILL BE YOUR SPARK PLUGS WIRES LOCATION.THEN ROUTE THEM TO THE CYLINDERS LIKE 1 TO 1 CYLINDER.
GET A PIECE PAPER DRAW A LARGE CIRCLE TOP UPPER HALF CIRCLE LEFT TO RIGHT WRITE NUMBERS 1 AND 3 BOTTOM HALF CIRCLE LEFT TO RIGHT RIGHT NUMBERS 2 AND 4 THAT YOUR DISTRIBUTOR SPARK PLUGS WIRES LOCATION.STANDING ON SIDE OF ENGINE WHERE DISTRIBUTOR IS LOOKING DOWN AT DISTRIBUTOR 1 AND 3 FIRST TWO SPARK PLUGS TERMINALS NEXT TO ENGINE. AND 2 AND 4 SPARK PLUGS TERMINAL ON CAP FACING YOU. THIS IS CYLINDERS LOCATIONS STANDING IN FRONT OF ENGINE.RUN WIRES FROM DISTRIBUTOR CAP TO PLUGS TO THE ENGINE SPARK PLUGS.
Need to remove upper intake manifold to reach valve cover close to firewall.
1) The location of spark plugs 456 are under the plastic shield in front of the engine. It takes an 8mm socket to remove the three bolts holding the shield once the shield is removed you will see a coil for each spark plug. Use the 8mm socket and remove the coil and rubber boots. You will now see the spark plug (note there are not any spark plug wires).
2) The location of spark plugs 123 are located to the rear of the eng. You have to remove the air intake manifold in order to get to the spark plus. Remove the throttle wire then remove the other items on top of the intake manifold.
3) Loosen all the bolts holding the manfold. 8mm socket-- I think three in front and three in the middle. Remove the EGR valve mounts so you can slide the manifold out. Disconnet all vacuum lines from manifold and the air filter inlet closet to manifold. Just take a general look and ensure you have all wiring and tubing disconnected then slide the manifold off the eng and EGR valve.
NOW MAKE SURE you cover all intake holes (leading into the engine) with paper towels to prevent droping screws etc into the engine. Then follow step 1 above
THE PLUGS AND DISTRIBUTOR ARE UNDER THE HOOD. IF SOMEONE TOLD YOU THAT THEY ARE UNDER THE PASSENGER SEAT THEN THEY WERE JUST KIDDING IM SURE. ON TOP OF THE ENGINE IS THE DISTRIBUTOR AND THE SPARK PLUGS ARE AT THE ENDS OF THE WIRES THAT COME FROM THE DISTRIBUTOR. HOPE THIS HELPS, LET ME KNOW. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR AN HONEST RATING AND FOR USING FIX-YA.
Locate the spark plug cover on the engine.On some Toyota Tacoma engines, the cover is across the top of the engine. On others, it is along the side 4 cyl. Remove the cover to reveal the ignition coils and spark plugs wires. The spark plug wires are plugged directly into the engine and the ignition coils are in the tip of the spark plug wire. Remove the coil and wire from the spark plug. Twist and pull the plug out of the engine. Remove the spark plug from the cylinder well with a socket extender and socket wrench. Turn the wrench to the left to unscrew the spark plug from the engine. Discard the old spark plug and apply a coat of anti-seize compound to the threads of the new spark plug. Insert the new spark plug into the socket. Use the socket and extension to screw the spark plug into place. Return the ignition coils and spark plug wires to the engine and turn it to lock the plug in place. Repeat the entire the process with the remaining spark plugs. Replace the spark plug cover when all of the spark plugs are replaced. Good luck and hope this helps and The spark plug tension may range between 11 and 15 foot pounds, depending on the size of the spark plug. The correct tension is indicated on the spark plug's packaging.
You remove the rectangular plastic cover on top of the engine(2 screws), under that is the plug wires and spark plugs. Pull wires straight up, remove plugs with proper spark plug socket, extension and ratchet, reverse to install.
Platinum plugs are not required but will allow longer change intervals. Check the gap but do not gap them, if they are not properly gapped. Bring them back and asked for new ones.
The metal's on the Platium plugs are harder then copper plugs and can break upon trying or break in your cylinder when in uses.
on top center of the engine. You would have to remove the intake hose. There is 6 COPs or Coil over plugs mounted on top of the sparkplugs. Remove those and the sparkplugs are accessable. Hopefully this helps
1. Purchase a wrench for spark plugs
2. pull the tension wires from engine.
3. insert the wrench until wrench gets a grip of spark plug
4. turn until plugs are completely loose
5. do this for the rest of the plugs
6. replace old with new plugs.
7. do the same thing but now, you tighten the plug (like screws)
8. return the tension wires
* remember to know exactly the correct location of each tension wires, return to it's exact location (length of wires will help)
* as you take out old plugs, cover the hole where plugs are placed for it not to get dirty.
* in replacing, make sure that plugs are tightly inserted (not to tight though)