Question about Ford Ranger

1 Answer

Freeze plug right side of engine leaking but it has what looks like a wire going into it and there is a hole just above the wire and it looks like it is supposed to be there but like something is missing and the water just pours out it is a 1999 xlt ranger 4x4 3.0 v-6 automatic

Posted by on

  • halfpint11 Aug 04, 2008

    i just want to know if you have to pull the engine ;to get to the freeze plug i have a 2000 ford ranger supercab

  • Anonymous Nov 29, 2008

    i need to no where the freeze out plug is on a 1994 honda accord because water is leaking out of it on the back of the engine but i really cannot see it



1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 5 Answers

There is no wires that go in to freeze plugs you have to move wire and change freeze plug

Posted on Jul 24, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Where are the freeze plugs


Feb 28, 2014 | 1990 Dodge Ram 50

1 Answer

Coolant leak on Ford Bronco 2 engine?

this part your looking at is a form of a freeze plug... the three prongs is a block heater. it can be replaced with a normal freeze plug or replace it with another and plug it in on these cold cold nights..

Feb 11, 2014 | Ford Bronco II Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Why would antifreeze leak on right side of the engine in a 2001 hyundai elantra?

There is nobody online that can tell you where your antifreeze is leaking from. If the hoses are not leaking, it could be anything from a leaking radiator, to a bad water pump, a breach in the head gasket, or a hole in a freeze plug. You simply need to LOOK to see where it is leaking from. That cannot be done over the internet.

Apr 12, 2012 | 2001 Hyundai Elantra

1 Answer

Radiator fluid is leaking from above the starter. What can it be?

Good Evening, of sorts that is. The problem your describing is really not that bad yet always something no one really likes doing. First off I can tell you stores like autozone sell dye to throw into your radiator that will show you where your leak is with ultraviolet dye, in your case if it is coming out just above your starter I would reasonably say it is a freeze plug. What a freeze plug is a hole in the engine block with a steel plate/plug that goes in the hole that way if your engine freezes it in theory should pop a freeze plug instead of your engine. Your local parts store can get you the right one once you know which it is. Go with the dye first it is always best to look before you leap. Hope this helps, if you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Aug 14, 2010 | 1984 Ford F 250

1 Answer

Replaceing freeze plugs in the back of a side motor in a 2001 chevy malibu

1) Drain all coolant from the engine/radiator.
2) Drill a hole in the old plug to allow you to thread a lag bolt, which will then be used to pull the old plug out. Or use whatever means you can to remove the old freeze plug.
3) Thoroughly clean the hole with a wire brush attached to a drill motor.
4) Apply sealant to new freeze plug and locate into the hole.
5) Tamp the plug into the hole, flush with the block, with a hammer.
6) Refill radiator with coolant.
7) Check for leaks.

This isn't going to be easy with the engine in the car, but it can be done.

Dec 17, 2009 | 2001 Chevrolet Malibu

2 Answers

Py 1997 plynouth voyager is leaking antifreeze could it be freeze plugs and where are they

They are called CORE plugs as when they are made they take out all the sand out of the holes and fit in plugs.But if your leaking water out and cannot find it then yes its a core plug... as all summer you use coolant min 20%,Winter coming on 20% Antifreeze. and soon as winter is finished you should flush out the engine and radiator as Antifreeze causes the block to go rusty as its cast iron and the core plugs must be BRASS not steel because antifreeze eats away the plugs
But the plugs are fitted 1Rear of engine behind the flywheel 3 either side of engine block and some times 3 or 4 in the heads under the rocker gear..
Let me know how you get on .. Ron

Nov 11, 2009 | 1997 Plymouth Voyager

1 Answer

Coolant leaking from what looks like a sensor above oil pan

:Most likely a freeze plug that's located in the side of the block..
it's a kind of 'weak link' so that it blows instead of the block cracking in a freeze.
They also rust out and leak.
very cheap to buy a replacement, but a little tough to install because they're a very tight fit and you'll need straight access to drive it in place....

Jun 18, 2009 | 2000 Dodge Durango

2 Answers

2001 Chvy van: overheat+water leak/from strange(new?) hole

seems u have a blown head gasket or cracked head!

Mar 18, 2009 | 2001 Chevrolet Astro

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

1,300 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Ford Experts


Level 3 Expert

77194 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22265 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5579 Answers

Are you a Ford Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides