Question about 2003 Chrysler Town & Country

1 Answer

Inoperable left door window

Was told needs a new window regulator at cost of $305.--Could I take the right window reglator and transfer to left side and have a right side inoperable window which I don't use anyway.--also How would I get at the window regulators?? Take off door panels?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert that hasĀ over 500 points.


    An expert who has answered 200 questions.

  • Expert
  • 393 Answers

No they are exact opposites. yes door panel need to be removed.

Posted on Dec 03, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Passenger side power window inoperable on my 2003 Tahoe

If you have checked all the fuses and for unplugged connections of frayed or damaged wires, the next step would be to remove the drivers door panel, carefully, and check for voltage at the switch. If it is okay, and the switch is okay, remove the door panel on the Passenger side, check for voltage at the regulator motor while pressing the switch. If it is present, replace the regulator.

May 13, 2011 | 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe

2 Answers

Changing window regulator

In some vehicles the regulator is interchangeable from side to side. The best way to find out if they are is to call the service dept at the dealership. To get to the regulator you will need to remove the door panel, and with the glass up you will able to see it inside the door towards the bottom, either towards the front or back. The area inside the door is tight, so they put them in a place that is out of the way of the glass when down. Be careful when removing the door panel, there is plastic clips that hold it along with a few screws. The plastic clips are easy to break. If you do break one (or a few), you can get a pack of them at any auto perts store.

Jul 23, 2008 | 2003 Chrysler Town & Country

2 Answers

Replace door window motor

Is it a 4 dr or 2. What door front? rear? left or right?

Sep 28, 2010 | 1997 Nissan Pathfinder

1 Answer

Left front door window goes up crooket,plastic

unfortinatly the plastic piece you found is part of the regulator. more than likley the whole thing needs replacement. usually around 120 at the parts store

Feb 06, 2010 | 1997 Chevrolet Venture

2 Answers

I have a 1996 Saturn SC2 and I need to change motor on driver side but can not get the out side part of door off. how do you remove that portion of the door?

Just wanted to let everyone know, in order to change the window regulator on a 1996 saturn you do need to remove the exterior door which is connected by about ten lock screws around the inside of the door. you also need to remove the side view mirror and the door handle which has a little plug on the bottom right side that should come out with a pair of needle nose or something, then the handle should slight to the left and off. Pull the hole outer panel up and off and there you go. But you do still need to remove the inner door panel to put new nuts and bolts to hold the new regulator in because the orginals are held in buy rivets so you have to drill those out.
Hope that helps anyone.

Sep 14, 2009 | 1996 Saturn SC

1 Answer

Why did my drivers side window fall into the door?

the window is hooked in to a braket in the door to the reglator could of poped out and fell or something is wrong with the regulator where it mounts to the inside the door have to pull off interior panel to see inside door

Aug 15, 2009 | 2003 Hyundai Tiburon

1 Answer

4 door sedan left front window regulator manual

You'll need to remove screws that are by the door handle, arm rest, under door and side of door. Slide the retaining clip on the window crank to the side and the crank will pop off. Then gently pull back on the panel as there will also be retaining clips attached and you don't want to break them. Then pull back the weather seal (can't reuse it, but it's not that important) and you will be able to access everything.You'll need to disconnect the bolts holding the regulator to the frame and connecting the regulator to the base of the window (make sure you use wedges to hold the window up) and the regulator will slide out of the door.. reverse to put back

Aug 09, 2009 | 1997 Honda Civic

4 Answers

Power window on 2003 chervolet caliver want go up

I have had the same problem with both my passenger window and driver side window on my 2004 cavalier. It didn't happen at the same time, but I needed a new motor for both windows which ran about $150 for each motor.

Nov 14, 2008 | 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier

1 Answer

I need to fix my driver side window

Sorry but you need a new window regulator assembly. There is no way to repair them as they are made cheaply and once they break or bend they don't ever work right again. Napa has a part number for them here: BK 6653604
Window Regulator - Left Front 1 0 u_clear.gif 180.86 BodyStyle:2 Dr. Coupe;
or for a 4 door: BK 6653606
Window Regulator - Left Front 1 0.00 u_clear.gif 180.86 BodyStyle:4 Dr. Sedan; the trade cost is 155.00 if you know someone with an account.
As an ex-gm tech I recommend a new gm part though I do not have the part number for that.
Have someone do this that is familiar with door panel removal or you will have a bunch of broken fasteners and the door panel will be loose fitting and rattle. Good luck . Scott

Sep 07, 2008 | 2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE

1 Answer

Install the regulator

what reg if its the window reg remove door trim,
remove speaker,
remove the three 12mm bolts holding the reg in,remove the two 10mm bolts holding the glass in,lift up glass pull out reg.
and repeat in opposite to reinstall.
please leave feedback.

Jul 01, 2008 | 1995 Suzuki Sidekick

Not finding what you are looking for?
2003 Chrysler Town & Country Logo

Related Topics:

151 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Chrysler Experts


Level 3 Expert

77939 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22306 Answers


Level 3 Expert

814 Answers

Are you a Chrysler Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides