About a month ago stopped working then after a week or so fixed itself. Last week failed to operate again. Took to Chrysler--said needed a new window regulater--wanted $305 to fix problem. Seems excessive to me. Is it something a somewhat handy man can fix with a used part from a wrecked vehicle?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Sit in vehicle 2. Ignition key is on 3. Door in question is opennd (in case you closed door) 4. While door is open, press and hold power window button in desired window travel, keep button held 5. Pull to SLAM hard door closed with one hand while other hand holds button as per #4. 6. Watch window operate as it should.
7. Repeat steps 3-6 if necessary, usually the first try works!
This may be a temporary fix, works for few weeks, months, repeat again at that time.
The chances are if the window the other side is working ok then the fuse will be working also. It could then be one of two things the cheaper option would be if the window control switch needs replacing as this is just a push in switch the operates the up and down on the window. The other and more likely problem is going to be that the window motor has failed wether it has over heated or got water damaged you may never find out the cause. Both of these problems are quick to replace so you shouldnt be without a car for more than a few hours depending on how busy the garage are. Main dealers tend to charge twice as much as the smaller garages so be warned. Let me know if you need further assistance
I had the same problem a few weeks ago. I took it to a mechanic who has the same vehicle and he said it was the switch in my driver side door panel. Not that big a deal, but a little costly and the switch has to be programmed by a dealer wich is BS. The mechanic put the switch on and it will work on all my other windows except my driver window. so good luck.