Lower hole in the door jamb loosten allen screw until the cap comes off. Upper hole there is a #20 torx slightly down and inboard of the hole, you need a really long torx bit and pull the handle out slightly. It also helps to pull weatherstrip loose so you can see it.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
As per the Haynes manual for your vehicle.
DOOR WINDOW GLASS-REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION:
1. Remove the door outer panal.
2. Lower the window glass.
3. remove the two nuts and one screw securing the glass.
4. Remove the glass by lifting it up carefully and rotating it inward.
5. Installation is reversal of removal.
DOOR OUTER PANAL-REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION:
1. Remove door trim panal.
2. Remove the outside mirror. Remove the foam block from the mirror opening.
3. Remove the outside door handle.
4. Open the door and pry thhe outer sealing strip out of the window glass opening.
5. remove the door panal screws.
6. Detach the front and rear of the outer panel, then lift it toward the rear to remove it.
7. Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Apply thread locking compound to the panel retaining screws.
OUTSIDE DOOR HANDLE-REMOVAL:
1. Pull handle out and puch the centers of the retaining pins through the pins, then remove them and detach handle. (These pins are located underneath the handle.
Hope this helps, let me know if you need any other help.
good day, well sir your so close from opening the doors. if you find the metal wiring that connects to the door lock then you have to force it a little to let loose. Its gonna be a little tight coz the electronic lock is still connected. if its too tight try removing the steel wires from the power lock connection then try letting the steel wires again. hope this helps and have a nice day.
go to ebay motors and search your year make model then service repair manual obtain a cd repair manual it has extensive wiring schematics and electrical component locator in it along with repair procedures and illustrations for about $20.00
Though I am not entirely familiar with the audi vehicle, mostly when trying to remove the outside door handle, you need to first remoce, the inside panel where the handel is located. Once this has been done, look to where the door handle comes to the inside of the door from the outside of the car. It should have some sort of a clip/ pin/ screw or other fastening mechanism, which holds it to the car from the inside. Remove that fastening mechanism and the handle should come off.
Order the exterior door handle AND the clip that attaches the rod to the exterior handle from your local dealership ( any part in the salvage yard will have at least as much wear as the one U are replacing ) Also order a can of touch up paint matching your car. After you have the parts and have painted the new exterior handle, roll down the window and remove the interior door panel. ( instructions have been posted at 'replace door lock buttom' ) Two nuts, one on each side, hold the broken handle in place and must be removed ( DON'T loose them ). Loosen the rod from the clip at the top to allow a bit more room, But take note on the way it is attached ( you will need to reattach the rod to new handle ) To install new mechanism put the new clip on the rod, carefully place the gasket and the new handle in place and install nuts to secure. Test the door handle and make sure it works. Reinstall interior door panel.
If it's the outer panel the door handle is held on with a small push pin.You remove the inner portion & then remove the outer part.Then lift door handle up & slide forward.It shoukld come off.1996-1999 Sedan the regulator can be removed with just the inner door trim removed.hope this helps
Ok Remove plastic plug on the inside of door there is 10 mm hole use
a hooked pick set pick put through the hole and pull the plastic cir
clip towards the back of the door that will release the smaller part of
the outer handle then the handle itself can be taken out.this is so
simple but so deceiving the actual cir clip is hard to notice because
of all the plastic **** on the inside backing plate the cir clip is
just on the inside of hole look hard it is 2mm thick & 20mm high
(black plastic) place point of pick in between backing plate & cir
clip hook it and pull back the front door is based on the same
principle but is a lot easier