- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Disconnect the cable at the radio. Then unscrew the hardware holding the antenna to the fender. Then pull the antenna base out of the fender, disconnect the cable from the antenna base turning it back and forth with pliers or you can cut it. Do not let the cable fall back into the fender. Now take the cable from the new antenna and duct tape it to new antenna cable. Now inside the car pull on the old cable until the new cable reaches the radio. Plug cable into radio then hook up the hardware on the fender for the new antenna and you're done. Good luck.
I had the same problem. LCD on Stereo can't be fixed and Volvo said it would be $1000 for a new unit.
Bought an aftermarket Alpine BT103 (includes bluetooth) for $219 on Crutchfield.com. They included a face plate free!
Install (including Ipod cable) was another $150.
You may get an airbag service light after the install.
Take it to the Volvo dealer and have it reset.
1. Disconnect negative side of battery.
2. Wait at least 2-minutes to de-energize the airbag system
3. Remove the glove box from the dash.
4. There will be a coax cable towards the top of the opening. Disconnect the antenna cable lead.
5. Remove the right kick trim panel. There should be no screws just clips.
6. Loosen the rubber grommet insulator from the door hinge area. This is a rubber accordian style guard for wires located between the "A" pillar and the door.
7. Pull the antenna cable out of the dash area to the hinge area.
8. Jack up the front right of the vehicle. Support with Jack Stands. Do not use only the Jack! Use the jack as a back-up in case of Jack Stand failure.
9. Remove the right front tire.
10. Remove the right front wheel housing splash shield. There should be 3-push type retainers and one 10 mm bolt below the bumper.
11. Slide the plastic cover (on the base) up on the antenna mast.
12. Use a open end wrench to unscrew the antenna mast at the base and remove the antenna mast.
13. Remove the plastic cap from the base nut on the base and remove the base nut.
14. From underneath the fender: pull down the antenna base. And pull the cable towards you - out from the door hinge area into the fender area.
Good Luck! Installation is reverse of above.
If this helped or you need clarification or additional help: let me know at fixya.com
turn on the stereo so the antena will come up and where the antena goes in to the fender u will have to go under the hood and look through one of the holes in the inner fender to see the antena motor or u can take the plastic inner fender off from inside of the wheel well to get to antena motor then when u can get to the motor u will see a black fairley large wire wich is the antena wire it self and u should see one more small wire just unplug small wire or clip with wire cutters and tape the ends off with electricle tape as so it wont arc out any where
trywww.autozone.com to see if they have your car listed for diagrams pictures and step by step instructions if your car is not listed then try your local library they have all the car manuals and even copy them for you
likely two seperate problems: the display inside the radio is one, (is it digital?) if not, you can take the bulb out and replace it. Second is the antenna mast: There is a nylon "cord" inside the mast that connects to a spool in the motor...for some reason it has become disconnected from the spool or the spool driving gear has failed.Sometimes if you take it apart, you can fix it but in most cases it's easier to just replace it.
These are factory radio harness wire colors and there function.
1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Car Stereo Radio Wiring Diagram
Car Radio Constant 12v+ Wire: Orange Car Radio Switched 12v+ Wire: Yellow Car Radio Ground Wire: Black Car Radio Illumination Wire: Gray Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: Brown Car Stereo Antenna Trigger: Pink Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A Front Speakers Size: N/A Front Speakers Location: N/A Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Tan Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Light Green Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Green Rear Speakers Size: N/A Rear Speakers Location: N/A Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Yellow Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Blue Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Light Blue