Question about 1996 Audi A6
You need the unlock code for your radio (it's an Audi stereo safety feature meant to deter theft). If it isn't in your owner's manual packet, you can get it from the dealership. You'll need your registration and title, as well as photo ID. That will prove the car is yours and you are who you say you are. Your VIN number is on the registration, and the dealer can look up your radio code based on the VIN of the car. They may charge you something for doing it (up to an hour's labor).
Posted on Jul 23, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 27, 2011 | 2001 Audi A6
You must have the security anti-theft code for your Audi Concert radio from the car manufacturer, or from an Audi dealer!
You can find the radio code at: http://www.radio-code.co.uk/
The sequence of programming for a 2002 Audi TT Concert radio is:
1. Simultaneously push "SCAN" and "RDS" keys until on the screen will appear "1000" displayed.
2. Release keys. No more push on "SCAN" and "RDS" keys because otherwise number "1000" will be considered as first safe code attempt.
For example: we have the security code "5079". Then:
3. By the no.# 1 key you will set up the first safe code digit. Push 5 times on the no.# 1 button. The "5" number will be setted.
4. By the no.# 2 key you will set up the second safe code digit. Push 10 times on the no.# 2 button. The "0" number will be setted.
5. By the no.# 3 key you will set up the third safe code digit. Push 7 times on the no.# 3 button. The "7" number will be setted.
6. By the no.# 4 key you will set up the four-th safe code digit. Push 9 times on the no.# 4 button. The "9" number will be setted.
7. Then simultaneously push again "SCAN" and "RDS" keys to confirm this safe code. On the screen will be displayed "SAFE" notice. Release keys! For few seconds a radio frequence will be displayed.
The radio is now ready to use!
Audi Delta CC Radio
Please perform the following procedures while the car is parked. Otherwise you risk getting into an accident while your attention is not focused on the driving. Entering anti-theft code The following is the procedure to re-activate the radio if the display shows "SAFE". It is important that the procedure be followed in the correct order.
Oct 14, 2011 | 2001 Audi TT
May 29, 2011 | 2001 Audi TT
Dec 03, 2010 | 2002 Audi A6
Aug 11, 2010 | 1996 Audi A4
Mar 29, 2010 | 1997 Audi A4
May 26, 2009 | 2003 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Mar 12, 2009 | 1999 Audi A6
Mar 02, 2009 | 1999 Audi A6
Nov 22, 2008 | 2000 Audi A6
147 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: