Question about 2002 Jaguar X-Type
Hello, do you know what the locksmith did to get the code on your key? Did anything else flash on the screen when the car would not start. My car is doing the same thing, and my Jaguar dealer is 200 miles away. My screen is showing [Engine Fault, Transmission Fault and DSC Fault]. Any help would be greatly appreciated..
Posted on Sep 14, 2008
The locksmith re-coded the key from his computer in his van nothing else flashed on the screen as far as I know but then I wasn't aware of how to view messages I had only had the car one day and was very disappointed. I hope this helps in my opinion it was cheaper to call out a locksmith than to take it on a recovery truck to the dealer. Hope this helps.
Posted on Sep 14, 2008
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 28, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 07, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 04, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 16, 2010 | 2005 Porsche 911
Nov 13, 2009 | 2002 Land Rover Freelander
Oct 24, 2009 | 2003 Mazda Mazda6
Aug 29, 2009 | 1996 Volkswagen Cabrio
Dec 10, 2008 | 2003 Audi A6
Nov 13, 2008 | 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Remote Control Fob Procedures:
The Central Door locking is controlled by the Multi-Remote Control system which controls
the door locking, door super locking and emergency hazard reminders.
When the doors are locked and unlocked the unit flashes the hazard lights once for lock and twice for unlock.
A maximum of four remote controls are allowed to be programmed:
Ensure all the doors have been unlocked, either by using a good transponder key or remote
control plip key.
1. Turn the ignition switch from Position 0 to ON 6 times within 10 seconds.
2. Next, turn ignition switch to OFF position. Leave key in ignition switch.
3. Wait 2 seconds then the system will enter programming mode and will flash the warning
4. Press and HOLD the unlock button on the Plip.
5. While pressing the unlock button, press the lock button 3 times.
6. Release the unlock button.
7. The warning lights will flash once to indicate successful programming.
8. Repeat procedure 4 to 7 for up to 4 plip key's.
9. When completed turn ignition ON, and the warning lights will flash 2 times.
10. Remove key, and check all plip key's for operation.
NOTE : The programming mode will stop when either the ignition is switch ON, 4 plip keys
have been programmed or no input signal either from the switch or plip keys has been received
for 120 seconds.
i hope this can help you.. :)
Jul 28, 2008 | 2005 Nissan Sentra
1,146 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: