Question about 1995 Jeep Cherokee

1 Answer

Replacing rocker panels

Does anyone know if you have to weld the rockers on or can you pop rivet them?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 19 Answers

You can rivet them or srew them in... will not look as good... you still have to cut them off correctly... I would have them welded in.

Posted on Aug 12, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Going over curb (by accident) lost the bottom of my rocker panel. How do I find a replacement part and what is it it the rocker panel or the rocker panel cover?

It is a rocker cover panel and if it is a fiberglass unit there will be no problem in getting a new one from the spares department. Go to the spares department and say"bit that runs under the doors" and they will know what you are talking about.

Oct 07, 2013 | 2006 Dodge Magnum

1 Answer

Rocker panels are rusted out

It won't be cheap. The rusted panels have to be cut out and new sheet metal welded in place. Most people just live with it.

Feb 25, 2013 | 1994 Buick LeSabre

1 Answer

Water leaking unto front floor carpet when driving through rain

Check around the edges of the windshield for any place water could be forced into the car. Especially if the windshield has been replaced. Check around the cowl that covers your windshield wiper motor. Remove the cowl if possible to check for rust holes or separated seams in the metal. The blower motor intake for the cars HVAC (heater) is often under this cowl. Make sure water isn't getting in through there. If you find a leak around the windshield or a separated seam, some windshield urathane or clear bathroom caulking would work. If you find a rust hole in a non visible place affix a tin or metal patch over it using rivets or your choice of fastener. Welding is the best method. Then cover the patch with short strand fiberglass bondo or something else to seal out water. If you have a hole in the floor you could put a patch on it with rivets or weld, then tar the underside well and put rocker panel coating on the top.

Sep 20, 2011 | Toyota Corolla Cars & Trucks

2 Answers

My rocker panels on my 99 Cherokee are completely rotted out. Do i need to get the rocker panels and backing plate and can I buy bolt on type and where would I get them?

Yes the rocker panels are replacable. Depending on year make there are a number of on-line and local suppliers available. Some will also offer the back plate. If not go to your local home improvement and you can purchase flat stock and fashion your own. As far as fastening goes its best to weld, If welding is not an option the next would be pop-rivets, or tech fasteners (there hex head screws that have a drill point to the end of the screw. I hope this helps.

Please leave a comment/vote if this helps

Jun 17, 2011 | Jeep Cherokee Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Hello i have a 2003 x type 2.5 v6. had to repair rocker panels below a- pillar, needed to remove l/r door on front of car, disconnected fuse #99, welded sheet metal rockers on vehicle, did body/paint re...

During the welding process you probably burnt thru the wires that lead to these accessories The fuses for these accessories are under the dash very near the A pillar.

Apr 14, 2011 | 2003 Jaguar X-Type

1 Answer

How to replace the rocker panels?

you will have to cut out with die grinder and pop the spot welds then replace and weld new one on.

Feb 07, 2011 | 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1 Answer

Where are ports for water located my sebring is taking in water somewhere i hear it sloshing around in rear of vehicle after rain..?

drain holes are located in the pinch weld under rocker panel. water u hear sloshing most likely trapped in 1/4 panels beside back seat.if u look under car at the pinch weld under rocker panel u will see an opening in the pinch welds approx 12 -24 inches in front of rear tires. use screwdriver to push through opening and clear any blockage that may be there.

Nov 03, 2009 | 1998 Chrysler Sebring

1 Answer

Rocker panels

this is one place that has them. j.c. whitney most likly has them or summit raciing might even want to try to see what they have available

Apr 07, 2009 | 1999 Chevrolet Tracker

1 Answer

How do I pacth a quater and rocker panel?

Believe it or not, autosupply places now sell replacements, that are sheet metal, already formed to the shape you need for easy installation in this case, and are very reasonably priced for quick low cost repairs. If yoou want to do it on the cheap, rivet them on.

Feb 28, 2009 | 1990 Dodge Dynasty

1 Answer

One rocker arm not getting any oil

5.0L engines oil the rockers through the pushrods and lifters check those. check pushrod first to see if it is stoped up.

Jan 25, 2009 | 1983 Ford Mustang Hatchback

Not finding what you are looking for?
1995 Jeep Cherokee Logo

Related Topics:

183 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Jeep Experts


Level 3 Expert

77499 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22306 Answers

Kevin Daniels

Level 3 Expert

1455 Answers

Are you a Jeep Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides