93 is first good year for all jeeps, lucky you are. YJ jeep.
ask for help not parts, jeep.com parts online shows all parts so there is never a need to ask that.
ask why the starter is dead. (well what transmission) auto or stick?
no noise means NO CRANK, no engines un cranked but my M/T
fails hot and cold some times , good input , rare this. here.
and 2wd too boot, very rare this fact. stated.
when a car does not crank what do we do. (easy to hard just like AAA tow does)
- i wiggle key, at start position, crank now.?
- i wiggle the shifter, in park, and crank (PRNDL switch issues)
- same but move shifter to neutral, (keyon, foot on brake shift to neutral and crank, cranks now? neutral contacts good park bad.
- next if all above fails, (all free to do) we next check battery volts. 12.6vdc i good, 11v bad, charge it or get a new one.
- I then jumper cable jumper battery off runnning donor car, like AAA does. crank now? yes, battery has issues, common as nails that. No crank now, so.
- I then hot wire the starter soleniod. keys in pocket, it does not crank the starter is bad. it cranks now the key line is bad or
A real FSM book, online, and free.
click 93 jeep, click wiring. pdf page 64 shows your relay.
see that the fuses need to be good
and the PRNDL switch energizes the starter relay.
the PRNDL ground the relay coil , the coil gets power from the Ign. switch and RELAY pin 29 goes to 12v cranking (11v typ) and the starter cranks.
that is how it all works.
if you have a volt meter all this is super easy, and no guessing needed. ever.
if you buy a new relay and it dont fix it ,you will be back here.