Question about 1991 Volkswagen Cabriolet
1)First dismantle the batteryleads to avoid electric hazard.
2)Dismantle the steering wheel by taking the centre cover of with a screwdriver carefully,and then take the wires of the centre cover to the horn, loosen the nut 24mm in the middle but dont at first take it off, then wobble,and pull the steering wheel towards your self till it loosens, then dismantle the nut and take the steering wheel off.
3)Unsrew the 2 srews in the undercover and take the upper and undercover off.
4)dismantle the 2 or 3 screws (depending on model) pointing towards you, holding the wiper and blink contacts, dismantle the electric cable connections from the contacts and then remove the contacts from the casing.
5) remove the bolt in the housing (aluminium) holding the ignitionswitch, located from down without a head, needs a hammer and a chisel, can be hard to loosen.
6) turn the key clockwise so it pulls back the slot from the steering axel.
7) remove the electrical cables from the ignition switch.
8) pull the aluminium housing toward yourself sliding it upwards
9) exchange the lock,casing and electrical bottom piece all together and insert a new bolt in the aluminium housing
10) reverse to install
Posted on Apr 14, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 11, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
How to remove ignition switch on VW Car models?
Nov 28, 2012 | 2010 Toyota Corolla
Feb 10, 2012 | Suzuki Swift Cars & Trucks
Mar 29, 2010 | 2006 Saturn ION
Jan 09, 2010 | 1997 Dodge Intrepid
Jul 24, 2009 | Ford Focus Cars & Trucks
Jun 18, 2009 | 1996 Toyota 4Runner
Jul 30, 2008 | 1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
125 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: