Question about 2007 Suzuki XL-7
We purchased an 07 Suzuki XL-7 today but there were no keyless entry remotes. We purchased one but don't know how to program it. Can anyone tells us how.
I bought a remote the other day and got these instructions with it. They worked!
1. Make sure vehicle is in Park
2. Press Vehicle Information button (has the icon of a car and an 'i')until 'PRESS *check mark* TO RELEARN REMOTE KEY' displays.
3. Press set/reset button. The message 'REMOTE KEY LEARNING ACTIVE' will display.
4. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter at the same time for about 15 seconds. A beep will sound indicating that the transmitter is matched.
5. To match additional transmitters at this time, repeat Step 3. Each vehicle can have a maximum of four transmitters matched to it.
6. To exit the program mode, you must cycle the key to LOCK.
Posted on Sep 23, 2008
Simo doesn't know what he's talking about. I just did it through the on board menu. I programmed 4 keys and the work fine.
Posted on Aug 23, 2010
Press the little button that has a picture of a the vehicle and the letter "i" scroll through until you get it talked about the remote option in the dash. Once this happens press the "check" button. At this point hold and a do not release both the lock and the unlock button simutaniously. You will hear one beep and then after 15 seconds or so you will hear another beep. the remote should work.
Posted on Jun 19, 2009
I work in a Suzuki dealer shop, and I tell you, there's no way to program a key yourself. The only way is with SDT (Suzuki Diagnose Tester) and a special key-programming module.
Posted on Jun 23, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 01, 2014 | 2007 Suzuki XL-7
Feb 04, 2012 | Toyota Venza Cars & Trucks
Jan 12, 2011 | Suzuki XL7 Cars & Trucks
Feb 13, 2010 | 2007 Suzuki XL-7
Aug 08, 2009 | 2006 Suzuki XL-7
Jun 17, 2009 | 2000 GMC Sierra
Jan 19, 2009 | 2007 Suzuki XL-7
Aug 02, 2008 | 2002 Suzuki XL-7
Jul 05, 2008 | 2002 Suzuki Grand Vitara
6,432 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!