Brake light switch problem may cause the ESP / BAS lights to illuminate.
Common symptoms of a bad
Mercedes brake light switch.
- Car stuck in Park.
- ABS ESP ETS lights come on.
- Can not move the shifter from Park to Drive.
- Brakes Defective Warning on Instrument Cluster
- Car won't shift gears. Stuck in 2nd gear, limp mode.
- Brake lights don't work. (Brake light switch can still be defective even if the brake lights work. Checking the brake light operation is not a good test.)
- ESP, BAS, ABS lights turn on. Car won't shift properly. Stuck in gear.
: To test your new brake light switch: Turn you car off to reset the ABS light. apply the parking brake. and start the car in neutral or park without using the brake. if the problem is the brake light switch... the light will only come on when you press the brake pedal.
If you replaced the brake light switch and the light is still on you should check a few other things such as:
- Fuses and Relays
- ABS pump
- ABS wheel speed sensor
- Brake Fluid Level
- Get an advanced scanner to read trouble codes.
: ** You may need a MBZ scan tool to reset the error code which was stored in the ECU because of the bad brake light switch.