Question about 2000 Pontiac Sunfire
This is a common indicator of a dead battery. You may see some lights and the radio may play, but there is not enough power to turn the engine over. What you must do is one of two things:
1. Get a jump start from a freind.
-This is done by putting the vechicles' front bumpers right in front of each other (Close but not touching).
- Open both hoods.
- Pull out your handy jumper cables (or borrow a friends).
- Connect one end of the red jumper to the red post (positive) on the dead battery.
- The post is the bit of metal sticking out the side or top usually surrounded by either black or red.
- Once you have connected to the Positive post, connect the other side of the red cable to the good battery's positive post.
- Connect the black or negative cable to the negative/black post on the good battery.
- At this point, look at the dead car's frame around the engine. Look near the battery for a piece of metal on the frame. Clamp your jumper cable to the metal. Be aware the cable may spark. This is normal.
- Count to three then try to start the dead vehicle.
- Remove the jumper cable opposite how you put it on (ie. negative off dead vehicle first, then negative off good vehicle, etc.)
If this does not work after a few tries, you may have to remove your battery and bring it in. Have a qualified mechanic do this if you are not sure how to do this.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Sep 10, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 26, 2012 | 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Aug 22, 2012 | 1993 Cadillac DeVille
Aug 01, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
May 30, 2012 | 2005 Nissan Altima
Mar 24, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 31, 2011 | Daewoo Nubira Cars & Trucks
Jun 04, 2011 | 2006 Dodge Durango
Dec 09, 2010 | Chevrolet 1500 Cars & Trucks
233 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: