Symptoms of a bad or failing Engine Oil Pressure Sensor
- Oil Pressure Light comes on, and you check the engine oil level, But oil level is okay, you can blame the false reading on the sensor.
- Oil Pressure Light blinking constantly. This is the normal >check< oil pressure sensor Warning that the sensor is going out.
- If the sensor is giving false readings, Dispite oil level, the sensor could be replaced.
If the Sensor is currently not working, and does not warn you of engine oil level, and oil level gets extremely low, The Engine could burn up/stall due to lack of oil, and may not restart.
Then you could probably blame it on the sensor.
But really would be lack of oil.
Intermittent No Start,
Common causes deal with 3 basic systems/areas of engin
- Compression, its the build up of air and fuel into the engines cylinders. Then is compressed by the pistons. And is under pressure. FAILURE An Air leak (vacumm leak) will allow pressure to escape.
- Ignition System, good battery, good relays, wires are not loose or disconnected, good 10volts to starter, 10volts to distributer>gives 20kvolts to spark plugs>has strong spark to ignite compressed air in cylinders. Other sensors need to work. Crankshaft sensor(ccs) Throttle Position Sensor(TPS), +more
- Air/fuel Ratio, Air Intake Manifold, and Fuel Pressure Sensor *Fuel Injection Pressure Sensor---if car is fuel injected*, air filter is clean and intake manifold hose, Throttle Plate Acuater, Idle Air Contro Valve(IAC). Also vacumm leak cause no start. To much air not enough fuel will cause lean fuel mixter==low power, low idle, no start.......To much fuel not enough air will cause rich fuel mixter==too much fuel could cause engine knock, flooding of engine wet spark plugs, No Start
Scan Vehicle computer for Codes, Places like AutoZone---Discount AutoParts will connect scanner for free, And Code Will say What is wrong with Vehicle,