I CAN NOT SHIFT THR TRANS INTO NUTRAL SO I CAN TOW IT BEHIND MY MOTOR HOME. IT WILL SHIFT INTO 2H, 4H, 4L
Shifting to NEUTRAL
To shift the transfer case to NEUTRAL, first make sure
the vehicle is parked so that it will not roll:
1. Set the parking brake.
2. Start the vehicle.
3. Connect the vehicle to the towing vehicle.
4. Put the transmission in NEUTRAL (N) or have
the clutch pedal pressed for vehicles with
5. Shift the transfer case to 2HI.
6. Simultaneously press and hold the 2HI and
4LO buttons for 10 seconds. The red NEUTRAL
light will come on when the transfer case shift to
NEUTRAL is complete.
7. Shift the transmission to REVERSE (R) for one
second, then shift the transmission to DRIVE (D)
for one second or FIRST (1) for vehicles with
8. Turn the ignition to OFF.
9. Place the transmission shift lever in PARK (P) or
FIRST (1) for vehicles with manual transmission.
10. Release the parking brake prior to towing.
Shifting Out of NEUTRAL
To shift out of NEUTRAL:
1. Set the parking brake and apply the regular
2. Start the vehicle with the transmission in PARK (P)
or FIRST (1) for vehicles with manual transmission.
3. Press the button for the desired transfer case position
(2HI, 4HI, AUTO 4WD or 4LO).
4. Put the transmission in NEUTRAL (N) or press the
clutch pedal for vehicles with manual transmission.
5. Shift the transmission lever to the desired position.
After the transfer case has shifted out of NEUTRAL,
the red light will go out.
6. A re-engagement sound is normal when shifting out
Jan 22, 2010 |
2000 GMC Jimmy