gee 1, last year of Cherokee is 2001, so you meant Grand right??????
gee2, wont start or stalls, no other symptoms????? just 1 DTC, no others using a real scan tool? that be first huh?
Geewise 3, what engine, wow, wrong car, no engine or country.?
the FSM covers this, and the ASD has 8 ways to trip off line'
UP TO 8 ways , just like old wonder bread
answering for 2004 GC, (i actually look it up in the real book)
not google butchered DTCs.
P means power train, 1 means factory codes.
a 3 coin toss lands...
2004 GC, vin N, 4.7L v8 automatic,
it reads. verbatim.
Trouble Code: P1389
No Auto Shutdown Relay Output Voltage To PCM
Number of Trips to Set Code:
Trouble Code Conditions:
- Catastrophicmonitor failure.
Engine cranking; and the PCM did not detect any voltage on the ASD Relay Output circuit to the PCM during the CCM test.
- ASD relay connector is damaged, loose or shorted
- ASD relay output circuit is open between the relay and PCM
- ASD relay power circuit is open (test power from Fused B+)
- ASD relay is damaged or has failed
- PCM has failed (nah)
it means, to me.
- the relay is unplugged
- or fuse blown "fused B+" (a top reason, world wide)
- the relay is bad.
my buds ASD page,