Question about Dodge Sprinter
The method described by the other expert only gives the error code, long blinks = 10 short ones = 1
to actuall fix this and clear the error code will require the use of a scanner tool, eighter OBD1 or OBD2 depending on the vehicle. Its a bit expensive to actually buy one, then having to fix the error it dsplays then resetting it without causing further damage.
In my personal opinion Take this to a servcie center ,, you'll thank your self for it later.
Posted on Jul 15, 2008
Engine Control Unit Indicator Lamp
If the engine control unit indicator lamp remains on or lights up again while the vehicle is moving, the fuel tank was run empty or a fault has developed in the engine control unit. The engine's power output may be reduced. Refuel and bleed the fuel system or have the cause traced and rectified by an authorized Sprinter Dealer. Bleeding The Diesel Fuel System, The diesel fuel system must be bled before starting the engine.
Turn the key in the ignition lock position 2 for at least 30 seconds. Return the key to position 0.
Start the engine three to four times. The engine control unit indicator lamp must go out.
Hope that helps........
Posted on Jul 14, 2008
1. Put the key in the ignition.
2. Turn key all the way forward - not to the point where the car starts, just to the point where all the lights come on. Do it in this sequence: ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON..
3. Keep a close eye on your odometer. You will see a series of codes display, followed by the word "donE"...
4. These codes will tell you why the "Check Engine Light" is coming on.
5. If you see "P0442" followed by "P0456". These codes mean respectively: EVAP sensor detection... SMALL LEAK. IF IT IS THESE SET OF CODES, fear not - nothing is wrong with your car. Simply tighten your gas cap, then...
6. Pop the hood, disconnect the NEGATIVE battery terminal - DO NOT DISCONNECT THE POSITIVE TERMINAL - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. You will run the risk of shorting out the electrical system.
7. Wait a couple of minutes, then reconnect.
8. Start the car up and TADA! CEL is gone!
Hope this helps...
Posted on Jul 14, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 04, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 22, 2010 | Dodge Caravan Cars & Trucks
Feb 19, 2010 | 2000 Dodge Intrepid
Oct 08, 2009 | 2002 Toyota RAV4
Oct 01, 2009 | 2004 Chevrolet Impala
Jan 20, 2009 | 1995 Geo Tracker
Oct 03, 2008 | 2003 Jeep Liberty
517 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!