- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Below is the master help link
provided to go through belt routing diagram:---Timing belt, drive belt,
serpentine belt, accessory belt, fan belt, engine belt routing diagrams for all
types of car models? Click the link below: ----
What's the problem? Did the tensioner pull go bad? Usually the bearing will go bad in those and you'll have to replace. Cost at a autopart store should be 50.00 to 150.00. Depending on location the can be easy or hard to get to and replace.
1. Loosen the alternator, and pull it back until the tension is released.
2. There will be between the various pully's (belt runs around) a tensioner. This is holds the belt tight. With a rachet and socket, pull (push) the tensioner until the belt has slack - pull one part of the belt off (any pully) and release the tensioner back to it's position. (It will go further than when the belt was on - this is normal.
When installing the new belt, if using the tensioner, the belt will need to be placed on the tensioner last - get the belt around all other pully's in it's correct configuration, then, pull back (push) tensioner *(while holding the belt tight with other hand, and ready to be pushed over tensioner) and slide belt into place over it.
Also note: a serpentine belt will only go on one way (grooved side down).
Please let me know if you need further assistance.
It is suggested by any mechcanic to perform this maintenace every 80,000 miles if you properbly maintain your vehicle. That mean going by the owners manual suggestions. Also I would highly recomend changing the water pum as well for it runs off this belt and water pumps only last as long as the belt will also. If a new belt is installed without a new water pump it may fail in no time. I seen it happen more than a dozen times in the past ten years