Question about 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
It's located inside the passenger side front wheel well in front of the front tire.You take it out through the wheel well once the tire is removed.
Posted on Jul 14, 2008
the crank sensor is located on back right side of engine by were the trans. bolts up.is the no start when could or hot?
Posted on Jan 25, 2009
Hi, i have put together a step by step guide that will help you with this replacement job. Make sure the vehicle is in a cool state before starting this job.
* Drain some coolant into a clean container until the coolant level is below the thermostat housing.
* Remove the upper radiator hose connection from the thermostat housing.
* Loosen the housing bolts and remove the housing.
* Remove the gasket and scrape it carefully from the surface of the housing and the mounting surface on the engine. If the gasket remains on either of the surfaces, there will probably bea coolant leak after reassembly. Some engines use a rubber O-ring to seal a thermostat housing.
* Compare the size of the thermostat to the old one. They are of different sizes, types, and temperature ratings.
* The temperature rating is stamped on the sensing bulb on the bottom of the thermostat. The temperature bulb faces the block.
* When replacing a thermostat, be sure that the thermostat fits into the groove in the block or outlet housing. If the thermostat is installed upside down, the engine will overheat.
* Install the gasket.
* Reinstall the thermostat housing. Refill the system and run the engine or pressure test to check for leaks.
* When the engine has reached operating temperature make sure the thermostat opens.
* You should be able to see coolant circulating within the radiator.
* Another way of checking thermostat operation is to feel the top of the radiator hose or use a thermometer or multimeter with a temperature probe to confirm that the coolant is warming up.
* If the engine is overheating, but the top hose is still cool to the touch, the thermostat is stuck closed and must be replaced.
When a paper gasket is used and the recess is in the thermostat housing, it is a good practice to position the thermostat into the recess and glue the gasket to hold it in place. If it falls out of its groove during installation, the outlet housing can be cracked or a coolant leak will result. Before tightening the water outlet housing, try to rock it back and forth to be sure it is flush. Housings are often cracked during this step.
Posted on Apr 30, 2009
Here is the photo how to remove headlamp splash shield
Posted on May 30, 2009
Replace the belt at 100k with a new water pump pulley and tensioner. It would not be a bad idea while u r in there to replace the center motor mount. When the mount fails it is a pricey fix not a bad Idea to replace it since you have to remove it to do the belt.
Posted on Jul 08, 2009
SOURCE: where is the EGR Valve
The valve is located above where the engine and transmission seam meets; there is the metal exhaust gas tube with two bolts and a fiber
gasket. The EGR mounts to the cylinder head with two 10mm bolts and a
metal gasket. There are 2 vacuum lines that go to the control solenoid,
a black plastic pod moounted under the throttle body. It clips into the
TB mounting bracket, and has a third vacuum supply line and one electrical
You can get one at Auto Zone for about $80.
Hope this helps (remember to rater this answer).
Posted on Jan 22, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 30, 2015 | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Mar 16, 2015 | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Feb 01, 2014 | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Dec 24, 2012 | 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Feb 20, 2012 | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Feb 21, 2011 | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Nov 21, 2009 | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Jul 04, 2009 | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Jun 14, 2009 | 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Mar 17, 2009 | 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser
349 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!