- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
repairpal.com > Questions > Ford > Focus > 2002 Ford Focus
Feb 20, 2009 - I have had these tow lights on due to emissions leaks. No one has been able to tell me ... Engine and Fuel light on due to emissions leak on 2002 Ford Focus. I have had these tow ... engine light is comming... 2004 Ford Focus ...
Go to the ford badge at the front of the car
Swivel the badge (its spring loaded)
Insert your ignition key and turn to the left (position 1)
The bonnet should pop up
Turn the key to the right (position 2)
You can now lift the bonnet.
Anti-clockwise quart of rotation turn the "Ford" blue symbol placed in the middle of radiator grill. Now you will see the bonnet locking hub. Insert and turn on the left direction the ignition key in the locking hub, and the safety mechanism of the bonnet will be unlocked! Now you can open the engine bonnet!
Not sure if the solution can be applied to 2006 focus, I have an European Mk2 Focus which also having the same problem. Here is what you can try.
1. Jack up the car on the lifter.
2. Open bottom engine cover.
3. Loosen two (10mm) screws which secure the bonnet lock assembly. The screws located between air manifold and radiator.
4. Once the screws released, disconnect the alarm cable/socket connected to the lock assembly.
5. Try pull open the bonnet, it may require little force to pull the bonnet open due to a little white plastic link (~1" long, plus (+)shaped) is still connected between the lock assy. and cable assy. Failure to release bonnet lock is only caused by this plastic link!
6. Once the bonnet opened, the cable assy can be detached by pulling it from engine side out. Inspect the plastic link if it worn out.
1. Attach lock and cable assy. Ensure the plastic link is properly inserted in its place between lock and cable assy. Test the mechanism with the car key.
2. Insert the whole assembly from engine side out.
3. Secure with two 10mm screws, reconnect alarm cable.
4. Reinstall bottom engine cover.
On my 05 model, you need to twist the ford badge on the bonnet anti-clockwise, pushing the left side of the badge down, which will reveal a keyhole. This is then opened with your ignition key. Once the bonnet pops, you just need to release the bonnet catch.
Hope this helps.