How do I get my change oil light in my 2001 pontiac grand am to turn off?? Also, I was reading and my signal clicker keeps ticking as well. Is it too late to bring it in for recall, where would I bring it in?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: Change oil light
Recall just call the dealership oil light put key on dont start the motor press gas pedal all the way 5 time in less then 5 for the signal its the flasher switch in stering colum hope it help fixya our post thanks pierre
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
make sure your plastic coolant container mounted on inside right fender is at least half full. Keep your eye on the temp gauge and make sure the car doesn't overheat. These sensors are very touchy and sometimes cause a fault when actually there is no real problem. Also make sure you didn't knock loose the oil pressure sending unit connector, located near the oil filter. Happy Motoring!
no, they are not the same. The multifunction switch is on the steering column and controls wipers, turn signals, and hi/low beam headlights. Dash switch is on the dash and generally turns lights on and off and frequently also controls brightness of dash lights. I had a Camry that had the same thing happening...ended up having a toggle switch put in to control the tail lights...fixed the issue.
1. Turn the ignition key to the "ON" position without starting the engine. 2. Fully press and release the accelerator pedal three times within five seconds. 3. If the CHANGE OIL SOON indicator flashes two times, or the display reads "OIL LIFE INDEX RESETTING 100%" then the system is resetting. 4. Turn the ignition key to "OFF", and then start the vehicle. 5. If the CHANGE OIL SOON indicator comes on and stays on, or CHANGE OIL SOON is displayed then the system did not reset and repeat the procedure.
1. To reset the OIL LIFE indictor if equipped with a Trip Computer, press the TRIP MODE button until the light appears next to OIL LIFE. 2. Press and hold the trip RESET button until the oil life percentage changes to 99%.
Please try to give more information about the ticking.
Can you pin point the source or location of the Tick?
Is it coming from inside of the Car or out? From the dash, Wheel, Etc
And is the tick a steady tick, Maybe a metalic noise?
Try to expand the on the subject the best that you can.
Then I'll get back to you on this matter.
with the key in the on position, locate the reset button in the drivers side fuse panel,pess the button when the oil light blinks press again, should stop blinking and the chimes will stop, hope this helps
Turn the key to the on position(do not start the engine) Pump the gas pedal 3 times within 5 seconds. The change oil light should start flashing. Turn the key to the off position. The next
time you start the vehicle, the light should go on briefly then go out.