Question about 2001 Mercury Grand Marquis
The fogginess is caused by oxidation on the outside. normal wear and tear.
This is what i did on my honda civic 1996- bought three sand paper 600-1500 and 2000. Bought plastic shine from autozone and some plastic gloves.
1) I cleaned it with diluted soap to get all the dirt out. Use soft cotton cloth to do this.
2) get some clean water and dip sand paper(600) and start sanding the headlight. sanding should be done in the same direction throughout. I used horizontal strokes. Don't let the sandpaper dry out.
3) clean it out with water so all the sand particles from the sanding is cleaned out.
4) start with the next grade sand paper and repeat the process till you are satisfied and the fogginess is gone.
5) clean it thoroughly with water and let it dry fully.
6) put in gloves and rub plastic shine all over the headlight and leave it to dry. Make sure it does touch the paint!! you can mask the sides to avoid that.
7) clean it with soft cotton or polishing cloth. It really works!!!
Also, stay away from direct sun while doing this. Having the hood up is helpful.
Posted on Nov 17, 2008
Try waxing them
Posted on Aug 15, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 28, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 10, 2015 | 2002 Buick Rendezvous
Jan 20, 2013 | 1997 Suzuki Esteem
Aug 07, 2010 | 1998 Saturn SC
Jan 31, 2010 | 1999 Ford Taurus
May 29, 2009 | 1998 Mitsubishi Galant
Apr 08, 2009 | 2004 Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe
Feb 14, 2009 | 2001 Mercury Grand Marquis
Nov 16, 2008 | 1998 Buick Century
1,223 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: