- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I had exact problem Santa Fe 2007 2008 lock was stuck in locked position and door would not open from inside or out. All other doors would unlock with auto key remote. Carefully work the inside lock towards the open position as you lock and unlock the door with the remote. As you press unlock try to assist the lock to open. I did this a few times and the lock became free to the open position and all worked perfectly after this.
1. Start with key out of ignition, drivers door is open all others closed and drivers door is unlocked. 2. Insert key into the ignition (Do NOT Turn) and Pull key out. 3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds. A. Using the power lock switch on the drivers door, perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock. Use an even pace and try to go about one cycle per second. (1Cycle = 1 lock and 1 unlock). B. Close, then open drivers door. 4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds. A. Using the power lock switch on the drivers door, perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock. Use an even pace and try to go about one cycle per second. (1Cycle = 1 lock and 1 unlock). B. Insert the key in the ignition cylinder. C. Turn the ignition to ON (Do NOT Start) then back to OFF. D. Remove the key from the ignition. 5. Press any button on remote for a minimum of 1 second. System should now lock and unlock doors once.
6. Close and open drivers door. 7. Press any button on remote for a minimum of 1 second. System should now lock and unlock doors. Once to confirm programming, twice to indicate programming failed. 8. Repeat steps 5, 6 and 7 for additional remotes.
your problem sounds like the door lock actuator motor has failed this is located behind the door panel, you can test for power and ground at the actuator while pressing the remote buttons if power and ground are present replace the actuator
i had a problem not unlike this in my santa fe 1.9td uk spec. my car had been sitting for a few months and when i returned to drive it again the same problem came to light. i also rep[lsaced the key fob. it could be one of two things. firstly the systen might neen re-set. if you disconnect the battery for 2 hours then attach ti again it might work. if this fails it might be the actuator in one of the doors. if it is faulty then it only semi closes the lock, but it then thinks that has to lock again. and locks the door. hope this helps. oscargilpin