2000 WJ jeep , USA
when STALLS only driving , any time , or just as I come to stop it stalls. or stalls parked only. my guess parked only.
which engine is there?
what transmission, what A/T trans, 42rle or ?
mileage comp. like mine, it's useless. forget that. but dead battery reset that, and is of no matter.
questions are plenty on all cases: (cars are complex!)
the engine stalls.? sure.
in to gear means , Drive and Reverse right?
when you do that the PCM adds more air via the ISC idle speed control valve. and just my do that. and is good sign.
- besides stalling, does engine and trans work great , driving, like fast /slow, , hot/cold engine, , up hills too, fast?
- is the CEL lamp in dash on key on and off running.?
- did you check all fuses.
- what is miles on engine.
- when did it run perfect last, 1 week ago, 1year, 10 years?
- ever get and engine tune up this decade? spark parts and filters?
- is the ASD relay dropping out just before the stall>?
- is engine rpm below 800 RPM before the stall? hot engine.
- does engine reach and old full engine temp, 180F or more?
- use a scan tool and see all DTC errors yet, dont skip this.