Question about 2000 Ford Escort
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, sounds like your transmission is in limp in mode. Do you have any dash lights on like check engine light, these problems should set a code. You should have a local shop look at this or your dealer to get the codes out lot of time it might not turn check engine light on. who ever does it need to be able to read history codes. Your local parts store don't have the right scan tool to do this. if i can help just re post
Posted on Jan 04, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Two forward gears only
Gear missing or slipping
No upshift or slipping upshift
Non-First gear start
Refer to First Gear Range Only - No Upshift .
Refer to Third Gear Only .
Refer to Second/Third Gear Only or First/Fourth Gears Only .
Refer to Slips in First Gear .
Refer to Slipping or Harsh 1-2 Shift .
Refer to No 2-3 Shift or 2-3 Shift Slips, Rough or Hunting .
Refer to No 3-4 Shift, Slips or Rough 3-4 Shift .
Refer to No Part Throttle or Delayed Downshifts .
Refer to Second Gear Start .
Feb 18, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
1-2 Shift Solenoid Valve
3-4 Shift Valve Bore Plug
Burned, slipping, missing
4th Servo Cover
4th Servo Pin
4th Servo Piston
4th Servo Seals
Rolled, cut or damaged
Slipping or No Fourth Gear
Slipping or No Fourth Gear Checks
DEFINITION: A large engine RPM increase is noted in fourth gear, Drive range, with little or no vehicle forward speed increase. First, second, and third gear operation are normal. Shifts into fourth gear are soft or do not occur. Fourth gear ratio is 0.705:1.
Automatic Transmission Fluid Level
Low fluid level
Transmission Main Line Pressure
Low transmission main line pressure
Oil Filter Assembly
• The oil filter assembly (100) is missing, plugged, or damaged.
• The oil filter seal assembly (101) is missing or is damaged.
Control Valve Body Assembly
• The 3-4 shift valve (362) or the 4-3 manual downshift valve (360) is stuck or binding.
• Debris is found in the passages of the control valve body (301) or of the control valve body spacer plate and gasket assembly (396)
Case Cover Assembly
Distortion or damage occurs at the manual valve (404) or at the case cover (401), causing PRN oil leak.
Driven Sprocket Support Assembly
A plugged third clutch oil passage in the driven sprocket support assembly (609)
Fourth Clutch Assembly
• The clutch plates (500-502) are worn, damaged, or misassembled.
• A missing or not seated fourth clutch spring retaining ring (601)
• A damaged spring assembly (602) or piston (603)
• Worn or damaged fourth clutch piston seals (604, 605)
Third Clutch Sprag Assembly
• The sprag (720) was misassembled or backwards on the inner race (661).
• A damaged third clutch sprag assembly (653, 661, 719-721)
Dec 06, 2015 | Pontiac Cars & Trucks
Nov 26, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 21, 2010 | 1994 GMC Safari
Sep 19, 2010 | 1996 GMC Jimmy
Apr 10, 2010 | 1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer
Dec 14, 2009 | 2006 Hummer H3
Nov 16, 2009 | 1994 GMC Sierra
Oct 13, 2009 | 1997 Chevrolet K1500
Jan 23, 2009 | 1995 Ford Club Chateau
94 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!