Question about 2007 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 Sedan
I have a 2007 Jetta 2.5 and i need to change the air filter but i can seem to find it. How big is the filter because the one i bought from autozone is about 15 inches by 5". Is that the correct filter? Can you help??
Ok i have the same body make model you do and i replaced my air filter and it is the correct one the airfilter when i saw it i thought the same but i got mine from vw dealer.
1. Make sure the car is off and the key is out of the ignition.
2. Make sure the engine is cold.
3. Disconnect the MAF and air intake sensors on the right side of the engine.
4. Pull the battery cover out.
5. Pull the air intake duct off (have fun with that large metal clamp...)
6. Unscrew (Torx10) the air feeding tube from the front (right side).
7. Pull the engine cover straight up - there are 4 rubber-suspended "legs" holding it. Pull the fronts first, from the corners. Pull the rears up too - wear gloves, can hurt yourself due to the force required.
8. The air filter is in the back section of the engine cover, on the underside. There are 5 screws to undo (no need to take them out, just un-screw). The air filter cover swings on rear hinges.
9. Put back in reverse order (filter, cover on engine, air intake duct, air feed tube screws, 2 connectors, battery cover).
Posted on Jul 15, 2008
Hi, I don't have specific knowledge of your model but there will be a black plastic box - usually on the left hand side of the engine compartment - with a 2" or 3" diameter flexible pipe which leads to either the turbo of inlet manifold area. The top of the box will probably be secured down with over-centre clips. Therein will lie the filter.
Hope this helps, D.
Posted on Jul 10, 2008
Just have a look in here
it a really good description with pictures
Posted on Aug 12, 2008
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 20, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 26, 2012 | 2007 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 Sedan
May 12, 2011 | 2007 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 Sedan
Aug 30, 2010 | 2002 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Aug 10, 2010 | 2007 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 Sedan
Jul 09, 2009 | 2008 Audi A3
Jan 07, 2009 | 2007 Chevrolet HHR Special Edition
Sep 29, 2008 | 2007 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 Sedan
9,962 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!