Question about 2003 Volkswagen Golf
Where is the fuse for the Radio?
It should be number 42
MKIV FUSE LIST
1. Washer nozzle heaters, glove compartment light, memory seat control module (10A).
2. Turn signal lights (10A).
3. Fog light relay, instrument panel light dimmer switch (5A).
4. License plate light (5A).
5. Comfort system, cruise control, Climatronic, A/C, heated seat control modules, automatic day/night interior mirror, control module for multi-function steering wheel, control unit in steering wheel (7.5A).
6. Central locking system (5A).
7. Back-up lights, speedometer vehicle speed sensor (VSS) (10A).
9. Anti-lock brake system (ABS) (5A).
10. Engine control module (ECM): gasoline engine (10A); diesel engine, Model Year 2000 > (5A).
11. Instrument cluster, shift lock solenoid (5A).
12. Data Link Connector (DLC) power supply (7.5A).
13. Brake tail lights (10A).
14. Interior lights, central locking system (10A).
15. Instrument cluster, transmission control module (TCM) (5A).
16. A/C clutch, after-run coolant pump (10A).
18. Headlight high beam, right (10A).
19. Headlight high beam, left (10A).
20. Headlight low beam, right (15A).
21. Headlight low beam, left (15A).
22. Parking lights right, side marker right (5A).
23. Parking lights left, side marker left (5A).
24. Windshield and rear window washer pump, windshield wiper motor (20A).
25. Fresh air blower, Climatronic, A/C (25A).
26. Rear window defogger (25A).
27. Motor for rear windshield wiper (15A).
28. Fuel pump (FP) (15A).
29. Engine control module (ECM) gasoline engine (15A); diesel engine (10A).
30. Power sunroof control module (20A).
31. Transmission control module (TCM) (20A).
32. Injectors: gasoline engine (10A); diesel engine (15A).
33. Headlight washer system (20A).
34. Engine control elements (10A).
35. 12 V power outlet (in luggage compartment) (30A).
36. Fog lights (15A).
37. Terminal (86S) on radio, Instrument cluster (10A).
38. Central locking system (with power windows), luggage compartment light, remote/fuel tank door, motor to unlock rear lid (15A).
39. Emergency flashers (15A).
40. Dual tone horn (20A).
41. Cigarette lighter (15A).
42. Radio (25A).
43. Engine control elements (10A).
44. Heated seats (15A).
Fuse arangements in fuse bracket/battery:
S162. Glow plugs (coolant) (50A).
S163. Fuel pump (FP) relay/glow plug relay (50A).
S164. Coolant fan control (FC) control module/coolant fan (40A).
S176. Relays panel interior (110A).
S177. Generator (GEN) (90 Amp.) (110A).
Generator (GEN) (120 Amp.) (150A).
S178. ABS (hydraulic pump) (30A).
S179. ABS (30A).
S180. Coolant fan (30A).
Posted on Jul 09, 2008
i have a problem with my instrument panel lights. They all wont work including my radion lights.
i have a Golf 4 2003 model 1600.
Cell: 084 711 9495
Posted on May 13, 2011
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: I've got a 2003 volkswagen
Your Volkswagen has a known problem with the radio - many people have a similar issue. There is a problem is the antenna base, which corrodes due to weather exposure, and leads to poor/intermittent radio reception. The solution is replacement of the antenna base - a job that can be done by home mechanics (the parts cost under $20), or by a mechanic.
However, the fact that you are also having problems with the CD might hint a larger problems with your stereo system. Have you tried different CDs in the deck? Try with a few different unscratched, store bought CDs (ie, not CD-Rs) and see if you can isolate the problem to the radio.
Info on how to repair the antenna base and a source for parts:
Posted on Oct 23, 2009
what kind of radio most of the times you can take of cover aroud the radio. you will find round or square holes to put in original tools to built out the radio.
Posted on Feb 10, 2010
I've found a download for the Owners Manual for VW Golf, Jetta and GTI's - it covers 1999 to 2005. I hope this helps :o)
Posted on Mar 22, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 30, 2014 | 2003 Volkswagen Golf
Jan 27, 2011 | 2003 Volkswagen Golf
Feb 04, 2010 | 2003 Volkswagen Golf
Jan 18, 2010 | 2003 Volkswagen Golf
Oct 01, 2009 | 2003 Volkswagen Golf
Aug 23, 2009 | 2003 Volkswagen Golf
Jan 10, 2016 | 2003 Volkswagen Golf
2,317 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: