Question about Ford Fairmont
This is how
to replace the power steering belt in 1995 ford explorer.
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable from the negative post on the battery. Loosen the retaining bolt with a socket and ratchet, then remove the cable end from the terminal. Isolate the cable end from the battery to prevent accidental starting of the engine while you are working.
2. Locate the serpentine belt tensioner on the front of the engine and attach a socket and ratchet to the mounting bolt in the center of the pulley. Rotate the tensioner clockwise to relieve the tension on the belt. Remove the belt from the pulleys while holding the tensioner away from the belt. Discard the old belt. Release the tensioner, slowly rotating it to the home position.
3. Install the new serpentine belt over all the pulleys except the tensioner pulley. Rotate the tensioner clockwise and slide the new belt onto the tensioner pulley. Slowly rotate the tensioner counterclockwise, allowing it to tighten the belt.
4. Remove the socket and ratchet from the tensioner pulley. Install the negative battery cable on to the negative terminal of the battery. Tighten the retaining bolt with a socket and ratchet.
5. Start the engine, verifying that the belt is mounted correctly and running true over the pulleys.
Posted on Jan 01, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 12, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 20, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 08, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 12, 2011 | 2001 Lexus RX 300
Feb 22, 2011 | 1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer
Dec 30, 2010 | 1996 Chevrolet Suburban
Jul 26, 2010 | 2002 Hyundai Accent
Feb 14, 2010 | 1997 Nissan Maxima
May 23, 2009 | 2000 Renault 181
Apr 13, 2009 | 1990 Acura Integra Hatchback
178 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: