Recently i noticed my windscreen wipers and horn weren't working. So we changed the corrosponding fuse but then when we started it and revved it, it stalled and wouldnt idle. So we changed the ___________ tube and it idled again. Now sometimes, at least a couple of times a week, it won't start and the battery sounds dead. Once i connect a battery pack it starts, but the battery is in good condition. An auto electronic looked at it for me but couldnt diagnose a problem, but thinks the yellow and black wire may be a problem. Does anyone have any idea what the yellow and black wire is for, where it leads to, or does anyone have a wiring diagram??? Any assistance is greatly appreciated
YOU HAVE AN EARTHING PROBLEM MOST LIKELY A FAULTY EARTH STRAP BETWEEN THE ENGINE BLOCK AND THE CAR BODY [THIS IS A SEPARATE THICK CABLE OR FLAT BRAIDED CABLE WHICH IS ATTACHED AT ONE END TO THE ENGINE BLOCK - USUALLY ON THE CYLINDER HEAD, AND THE OTHER END ATTACHED TO THE FIREWALL OR CHASSIS RAIL] IF THIS WIRE IS BROKEN OR THE ENDS ARE CORRODED OR LOOSE THEN YOU WILL GETTHE SORT OF SYMPTOMS YOU DESCRIBE.
RUN A NEW CABLE FROM ANY POINT ON THE ENGINE BLOCK TO A PART OF THE BODYWORK AND SEE IF THAT CURES YOUR PROBLEMS
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If the vehicle has tilt steering, it could be a pinched harness at the pivot point in the column. Otherwise check for big fuses located in plastic box close to battery( inner fender well. Should be a 60 amp or 40 amp. Check every fuse in the box while your there.
BLOWN FUSE.. DID WINDOWS STOP WORKING ALSO? OR WIPERS FOR THE HORN HAS SEVERAL ITEMS ON THAT SAME FUSE... OR THE WIRE CAME OFF THE HORN.. BEEN DOWN BUMPY ROAD/ ROUGH DIRT ROADS/ WASH BOARD ROADS/? IF SO THEN THE WIRE CAME OFF THE HORN..
I had a similar problem recently with my Epica. During extremely cold weather I tried to use the windscreen washers which were frozen. This blew a fuse within the interior fuse box which controls the wipers, indicators etc. This also activated the flashing red security light on the display. The vehicle was still running but when I truned off the engine it refused to start again. Required to change the fuse (which from recollection is the 3rd down on the right - 10amp) before it would work again. Eventually blew again so replaced it with a 15amp fuse and been working fine ever since....
Fuse nr.31, F31,(25A) = Windscreen wipers This fuse is placed on fuse box / relay plate engine bay 1, under bonnet in engine compartment area!
If the fuse F31 is OK.
You must diagnose why windscreen wipers going slow and/or stopping. In order to find out the cause of wipers stopping you can try follows:
1. Carefully extract the wiper arms from their axles (two pieces). In some cases you need to use an extracting tool. Heed of the windscreen !!!
2. Disassemble the plastic covers from the bottom of the windscreen.
3. With the bonnet up you can start the engine, (transmission in "N" or "P" position and parking brake on). Now you must switch on the control lever of the wipers, and go to the engine compartment. If the wiper motor runs let the wiper motor running for a few minutes and switch off. Go to the step 4. If the wiper motor do not runs you must check first the electrical feeding of the motor. It is necessary to unscrew three bolts of the mechanism and disconnect the electrical coupling (difficult assurance). If the electrical feeding is OK you must replace the motor - steps 5, 6, 7. If not you must check electrical connections, the control switch of wipers and electric cables.
4. Now you must check the two bearings of wiper mechanism with your hand. In the most cases the left bearing is out of order (is very hot). This is the most encounter fault of the wipers running at Audi.
5. For have enough space to manipulation the wiper motor together with their mechanism you must extract the plastic cover of the engine computer box, and extract also the box screws. Then you can move slowly the engine computer box, just for a few milimeters.
6. You must disconnect the electrical coupling of the motor (difficult assurance), unscrew three bolts of the mechanism and extract together with the motor. You must move them slowly between windscreen and engine computer box until the wiper motor go out together with the mechanism. This is the most difficult operation!
7. Now you can repair the bearings, replace entire wiper mechanism or replace the wiper motor. It is not very simply, but it works. Heed of the windscreen !!! Refit all in reverse order.
i presume you mean wiper water pump... first locate the relays for the horn and rear wiper and replace them... usually found in the fuse panel under the dash... then fill up the rear water resevoir for the back wiper and try it again.