Question about 2002 Ford Escort
Go to this free Ford website to view or download the owners manual for this vehicle.
On page 82 it give the step by step instructions with diagrams on how to replace the headlamp bulbs.
Posted on Dec 31, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Yes, All the years of the ZX2 utilize the same engine. 1998-2003 are all the same except for ECU programing and the MAF wiring. You should not have a problem.
Posted on Jul 31, 2009
This CODE is Indicating that ENGINE COOLANT TEMP is NOT Reaching TEMP HOT Enough to >CLOSE LOOP < This is when ECM takes over ALL ELECTRONIC CONTROLS, . It Basicly Points at A Coolant Temp Sensor that is Faulty or Thermostat that is RATED too LOW. Engine Must Reach 200 - 220 degrees
Posted on Aug 28, 2009
2. Open the hood and disconnect the headlamp wiring socket from the
in-line connector. This will make it easier to change the bulb.
3. Remove the protective dust shield
from the housing by turning the
dust shield counterclockwise (when
viewed from the rear).
4. Release clip and disconnect the electrical connector from the bulb.
5. Remove the bulb retaining ring by
rotating it counterclockwise.
6. Without turning, remove the old
bulb from the lamp assembly by
pulling it straight back out of the
lamp assembly and replace.
7. Install the new bulb in lamp assembly by pushing straight in with the
bulb’s plastic base facing upward. Turn the bulb slightly to align the
grooves in the plastic base with the tabs in the lamp assembly.
8. Install the bulb retaining ring over the plastic base and lock the ring
by rotating it clockwise until it snaps into place.
9. Connect the electrical connector into the plastic base until it “snaps”.
10. Install the protective dust shield and lock the shield by rotating it
clockwise until it locks into position.
11. Connect the headlamp wiring socket to the in-line connector.
12. Turn the headlamps on and make sure they work properly. If the
headlamp was correctly aligned before you changed the bulb, you should
not need to align it again.
Posted on Feb 04, 2010
Testimonial: "Thanks! I knew it would be something simple but for the life of me, I couldn't figure it out. Thanks so much!"
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 21, 2015 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Apr 18, 2015 | 2002 Ford ZX2
Aug 09, 2011 | 2002 Ford ZX2
Aug 08, 2011 | 2002 Ford ZX2
May 15, 2010 | 2000 Ford Escort
Jan 16, 2010 | 2000 Ford Escort
Jul 07, 2009 | 2002 Ford Escort
Apr 07, 2009 | 2002 Ford ZX2
855 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: