Question about 2006 Honda CR-V
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Honda radio code
go to a Honda Dealership, head to the Customer Service desk and give them the VIN and tell them of your problem. they may be able to pull up the info for you even if you are not the original owner (they know Hondas last a long time and have many different owners). They should be able to help you out
Posted on Mar 21, 2009
UNSNAP PUSH-PIN FASTENERS FROM BOTTOM OF CENTER CONSOLE
AND REMOVE BOTTOM PANEL.
2. EXTRACT 4 SCREWS FROM BOTTOM EDGE OF BEZEL. EXTRACT 4
SCREWS FORM INSIDE DASH BELOW POCKET. PULL CUP HOLDER/
POCKET ASSEMBLY OUT OF DASH AND REMOVE.
3. OPEN GLOVE BOX AND REMOVE STOPPERS. EXTRACT 2 SCREWS
FROM RIGHT SIDE OF CENTER DASH BEZEL..
4. FROM BELOW STEERING WHEEL EXTRACT 2 SCREWS FROM BOTTOM
EDGE OR PANEL, UNSNAP UPPER EDGE OF PANEL, UNPLUG, AND
5. UNSNAP TOP EDGE OR CENTER LOWER BEZEL, UNPLUG, AND REMOVE.
6. EXTRACT 2 SCREWS FROM SIDES OF POCKET.
7. UNSNAP RADIO/AC CONTROL DASH BEZEL, UNPLUG, AND REMOVE.
8. EXTRACT 2 SCREWS FROM EACH SIDE OF THE RADIO BRACKET
ASSEMBLY TO REMOVE RADIO FROM DASH/AC BEZEL.
Posted on May 18, 2009
SOURCE: honda radio codes
Don't post your s/n & vin online!!
FREE and EASY methods to get your Honda radio UNLOCK CODE. (Dealerships usually charge)
Assuming you don't have the Anti-Theft Code and Serial Number that is found on the credit card sized Anti-Theft Radio Identification Card that comes with the vehicle at the time of purchase and is usually found in the glove compartment....
You have FREE options to retrieve that code by phone or on the internet BUT, the RADIO SERIAL NUMBER is REQUIRED (no matter what). (see bottom about removing ERROR E3)
***IF your Honda was made BEFORE 2001 the serial number MAY not be accessible without removing the radio from the vehicle.***
* TO GET THE SERIAL NUMBER (so that you can get the unlock code)
1. Get something to write with and on (you'll need it to write down the serial number)
2. Put the ingnition key in and turn it until your able to turn your radio on (accessories position).
3. Then turn your radio OFF by it's knob/button (but leave the ingition key in place).
4. Hold down the preset buttons 1 and 6 at the same time.
5. Turn the radio on while pressing down both the 1 and 6 buttons.(***IF your Honda doesn't have preset buttons on the radio then hold down the top part of the 'Seek/Skip' button AND the top part of the 'Change Disk' button instead.*** )
6. Write down the 4 numbers you see first and then 4 more that display. These eight numbers are the SERIAL NUMBER. This is NOT your CODE.
7. Make sure your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) is handy to get the unlock code. (can be found on your insurance card, driver's side door jam, small plate on dashboard by registration and inspection stickers, etc)
* TO GET THE UNLOCK CODE (using the radio Serial Number and VIN)
1. Go to https://radio-navicode.honda.com/ (YES, it's run BY HONDA and IT'S FREE)
2. Follow on screen instructions (Serial Number and VIN required)
3. Type in the 5 digit code into your radio. This will unlock the radio and return it to a functional state.
1. Call American Honda Customer Relations (800) 999-1009
2. When the automated message starts 'Press 3' for 'Radio and Navigation Codes'.
3. Tell the Customer Service Agent you need your radio code. (They will ask for your name, your radio's serial number, VIN, etc)
4. When they give you your radio unlock code--WRITE IT DOWN and KEEP IT SAFE!
5. Type in the 5 digit code into your radio. This will unlock the radio and return it to a functional state.
* REMOVING ERROR E3
****If you entered too many wrong codes and got an ERROR E3 message displaying you'll need to do an additional step for even the correct unlock code to work.****
Disconnect your negative battery terminal (or pull the radio fuse out if that's easier for you) for 30 seconds then reconnect it and then the radio will say "CODE" again and you can put in your correct unlock code.
So what happened to begin with?
See also: http://automobiles.honda.com/information/frequently-asked-questions.aspx?Question=2
If the power from your battery to the Honda radio is interrupted the Anti-Theft feature kicks in, the radio is rendered inoperable and the screen reads 'CODE'. You must enter in the Anti-Theft Radio Unlock Code (usually 5 digits) to make it operational again. You know that much by now.
Posted on Sep 09, 2009
SOURCE: u1000 L1015
this car has a computer for the door locks. The code basically say that the computer cannot be seen by the other computers. The locks may still work. Only a factory diagnostic procedure will be able to determine what the problem is.
Posted on Jan 13, 2010
no there is a card that should be with the owners manual it should have the code for the radio in it if not then you can go to the dealer or you will have to replace the radio unless you know the 4 digit code or 3 digit you can try 4031 thats the one for mine
Posted on Feb 11, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 05, 2016 | 2006 Honda CR-V SE
Jul 11, 2013 | 2006 Honda CR-V
Oct 08, 2010 | 2003 Honda CR-V
Jun 11, 2010 | 2009 Honda CR-V
Jan 08, 2010 | 2007 Honda CR-V
Oct 18, 2008 | 2000 Honda CR-V
Mar 14, 2017 | 2006 Honda CR-V
166 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: