Question about 2001 Ford F150 Styleside SuperCrew

1 Answer

I need a replacement key and have the vin number my local dealership says 2003. Cant drive my truck what can I do?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 984 Answers

If you have a lock smith that can program PATS keys, they might come to your house to cut and program 2 new keys, else you will need to tow it to the dealer.

Without 2 keys or the WDS / NGS tools from Ford ( or the locksmith PATS equipment ) you cannot add a key to drive it, it needs to be programmed.

Posted on Jan 04, 2011


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How to start a 1992 chevy truck without a key

well you can start it but you can not drive it as the ignition will be locked so best bet is to take photo ID and vehicle registration to local dealership and have a key cut from the vin number

Sep 08, 2014 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Need to get a key for 2003 impala

unfortunately there are only two ways to solve this problem. 1. go to a chevy dealership and see if they can/will order a new key or 2. replace the ignition with one from your local parts which case you will have two keys

Dec 12, 2012 | 2003 Chevrolet Impala

4 Answers

Both keys have been lost to my 1997 Ford Mustang GT. I understand they have chips in them. What can I do?

You will need to tow to dealer , the dealer can use the cars vin number to cut a new key and reprogram the transpoder,, this is the only way i know about.

Jan 10, 2011 | 1998 Ford Mustang

1 Answer

I bought a 2003 Acura 3.2TL from the USA recenrtly and when I changed the battery, the radio is demanding I enter a radio code. I tried some number written on the user manual as radio code (presumbaly by...

Hi Again:
You must go to the dealership, with your VIN number. No one in the Fixya community can help you, as this is an antitheft system that keeps crooks from reselling/reusing radios. If you go to a local Acura dealership, their service department can help you out.

Sep 21, 2010 | 2003 Acura 3.2TL

1 Answer

Lost my keys to the Trailblazer. How do I go about getting a new set of keys

Take your registration,with the VIN,and your license to a local dealership.They can cut your key based on the VIN.The rest is just to prove ownership.

Aug 22, 2010 | 2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer

2 Answers

I need a replacement keys for 2001 ford taurus

A good place to start is a ford dealer. Often they can cut you a key off the VIN number. You will have to go there in person., and some kind of proof of ownership would be needed!

Apr 02, 2010 | Ford Taurus Cars & Trucks

3 Answers

Lost Key

yes they will need the vin and id

Jan 31, 2010 | 2002 GMC Envoy

2 Answers

Lost keys of my 2005 vw cabrolet

Get your vin # and go to a dealer for replacement. You have a chip that allows your car to start. I will warn you its going to be pricey.

Sep 26, 2009 | 2003 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible

1 Answer

I need to replace the ignition switch on a 2003 chev 1500 p/u it has a 5.3 engine.

You have to obtain the key code number from the dealer. If you do not have it, they will require proof of ownership and the old key.
I am not sure if you can take the truck down but that will solve lots of ownership issues.

It would be cool if you can go to the dealership that sold the vehicle. Most keep pretty good records based on VIN numbers.


Feb 18, 2009 | 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

4 Answers

Ignition key

Hi there .... If you call the dealer with the vin number of the vehicle, they should be able to cut you a key. the only problem you may encounter is that they won't cut you a key without proof of ownership. If you bought this isuzu from an isuzu dealer I suggest you call them as they will have your info on hand. if not I hope you have your insurance papers handy cause you might be able to use them as proof of ownership. Hope this helps you out

Jan 03, 2009 | 1999 Isuzu Rodeo

Not finding what you are looking for?
2001 Ford F150 Styleside SuperCrew Logo

295 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Ford Experts


Level 3 Expert

76164 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22156 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5522 Answers

Are you a Ford Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides