Question about 2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager
The steps involved are :-
1. Disengage the solenoid wiring connector, then the battery positive (B+) nut and wire from the starter motor
2. Remove the 3 starter motor-to-transaxle bellhousing mounting bolt.
3. Remove the starter motor from the vehicle
4. After removing the starter motor, examine the teeth of the flywheel for excessive wear or damage. Repair if necessary
5. If the old starter is going to be re-installed, check the condition of the pinion gear teeth. Replace the starter if the pinion gear shows excessive wear or damage
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
PS - Do accept this solution,if it has been of any help so that i could get the credit for my time.
Posted on Jan 02, 2011
They came with 2 engines, a 3.0 and a 3.3 in 2000.
This is the procedure for the 3.3. The 3.0 is similar.
The starter is mounted at the lower front of the engine, it's hard to see from the top.
You have to do it from underneath.
Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
Hoist and support vehicle on safety stands.
Remove nut holding B+ terminal to starter solenoid.
Disconnect solenoid connector from starter.
Remove bolts holding starter to transaxle bellhousing.
Remove starter from bellhousing.
Separate starter spacer from transaxle bell housing.
Reverse procedure to reinstall.
There you are, I hope your repair goes well.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Jan 03, 2011
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 03, 2015 | Chrysler Cars & Trucks
Jan 27, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 12, 2012 | 2002 Chrysler Voyager
Aug 27, 2012 | Chrysler Voyager Cars & Trucks
Jul 02, 2012 | Chrysler Cars & Trucks
Jan 30, 2011 | 1998 Chrysler Sebring
Aug 22, 2010 | 2001 Chrysler Voyager
Mar 17, 2010 | 2000 Chrysler Grand Voyager
Apr 15, 2009 | 2000 Chrysler LHS
Jul 28, 2008 | Chrysler Voyager Cars & Trucks
2,419 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: