Question about 2010 Infiniti G37 Convertible
This noise can be the result of any of these causes:
• Gaps between the mounting bracket and the plastic trim of the convertible top lock handles
• Rubbing of various weatherstrip pieces and plastic parts on the convertible top frame
• Dry pivot points on the convertible top frame .
Raise the convertible top, and close all the windows.While an assistant test-drives the vehicle to duplicate
the noise, use a stethoscope to pinpoint the source.
Then do all the steps in the REPAIR PROCEDURE.
NOTE: This repair procedure fixes the most common causes for this convertible top noise. Using the
stethoscope helps in the diagnosis to make sure there are not other sources that need to be looked at.
Shin-Etsu Silicone Grease:
(One tube repairs about 25 vehicles.)
White Lithium Grease:
(One can repairs about 25 vehicles.)
NOTE: Make sure you use white lithium grease in the aerosol can. It has special solvents that allow
deep penetration into small areas of the joint to effectively dampen any noise caused by movement. It also sets up quickly to form a thick coating as the carrier gas evaporates. Other grease or application methods do not work as well.
1. Cut eight 10 mm x 10 mm pieces of EPT sealer(3T).
2. Remove the adhesive backing from each piece,then fold each piece over on itself to form a10 mm x 5 mm wad.
3. Remove the lock handle (two screws), and turn it over.
4. Use a small pocket screwdriver to stuff four wads of
EPT sealer between the plastic trim and the mounting bracket of the lock handle as shown.
5. Reinstall the lock handle.
6. Repeat steps 3 thru 5 for the other lock handle.
7. Apply a dab of Shin-Etsu silicone grease to the A-pillar header weatherstrip. Use your finger to rub the grease thoroughly into the weatherstrip material.
8. Apply a dab of silicone grease to each of the door glass weatherstrips (six total) on the convertible top. Use your finger to rub the grease thoroughly into the weatherstrip material.
9. Apply a dab of silicone grease to the hook, locating pin, and rubber cushion of each lock handle.
Stuff EPT between the trim and the bracket in four places.
A-PILLAR HEADER WEATHERSTRIP
DOOR GLASS WEATHERSTRIPS
RUBBER CUSHION LOCATING PIN
03-023 3 of 3
10. Open the convertible top halfway, and apply a dab of silicone grease to the hard plastic caps on the ends of the convertible top frame and to the ends of the door glass weatherstrips.
11. Use a shop towel to cover the back side of each convertible top frame pivot point.
12. Spray white lithium grease onto each of the pivot points.
13. Test-drive the vehicle to make sure the noise is gone.
END OF THE CONVERTIBLE TOP FRAME
AND DOOR GLASS WEATHERSTRIP
TOP FRAME PIVOT POINTS
TOP FRAME PIVOT POINTS
Please get back to us if you have further query else please accept the suggestion.
Thank you for contacting fixya.com
Posted on Apr 10, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 01, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 24, 2016 | Honda Cars & Trucks
Mar 25, 2015 | 2004 GMC Envoy
Mar 02, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 22, 2014 | Chevrolet Impala Cars & Trucks
Sep 26, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 26, 2011 | 1993 Mercedes-Benz S-Class
Sep 02, 2017 | 2000 Toyota RAV4
Mar 27, 2009 | 1992 GMC Jimmy
Jul 14, 2008 | 1999 Ford Explorer
152 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: