Question about 2000 Audi A4
How to get the radio code in order to exit the radio out from "SAFE" mode
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must have the security anti-theft code for your Audi radio from the car manufacturer, or from an Audi dealer!
The sequence of programming for Audi radio is:
1. Push simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys until on the screen will appear "1000" displayed.
2. Release keys. No more push on "SCAN" and "RDS" keys because otherwise number "1000" will be considered as first safe code attempt.
3. By the #1 key you will set up the first safe code digit.
4. By the #2 key you will set up the second safe code digit.
5. By the #3 key you will set up the third safe code digit.
6. By the #4 key you will set up the four-th safe code digit.
7. Then push again simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys for confirm this safe code. On the screen will be displayed "SAFE" notice. Release keys! For few seconds a radio frequence will be displayed. The radio is now ready for use!
Posted on Dec 29, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Should be in your owners manual or in your glove box. If not the dealer will do this for your free of charge. And many honda for one has a place on their website to retrieve this info. It may require you pulling the radio to get the number on it so that they can retrieve this info. But I called a dealor for someone here last week and got them the code.
Posted on Dec 27, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 07, 2015 | Audi Cars & Trucks
Apr 12, 2012 | 2004 Audi A3 Sportback
Apr 09, 2010 | 2003 Audi A6
Feb 18, 2009 | Audi A6 Cars & Trucks
Jul 22, 2008 | 2002 Audi A6
443 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!