Question about 2001 Ford Explorer Sport
7 blinking and than stay on , ford explorer 200
My car has a problem of missing when accelerating. It is a kia sportage of 1997. i need help please.
Posted on Jun 10, 2009
Could be a bad clock spring , the wires from the airbag to the harness.
Posted on May 14, 2009
Passenger Air Bag Circuit Shorted to Ground or air bag unplugged or missing.
Posted on Jan 04, 2009
Since my last post, I found a bright yellow connector under the drivers seat. I took the connector off of the end, bent it a little, and put it back on. My air bag light has stayed off. I am going to put some electrical grease on it and see what happens.
Posted on Aug 09, 2008
If you mean the passenger airbag light no longer lights up and airbag light on the dash blinks at start-up and then stays on; the read the below and check this site:
I went to radio shack cost me $2.99 for 3 bulb packet. But the post below worked. It really didn't that long, pretty easy job. Took longer to find the tools. The first guys idea/fix, the second guy gave pretty good instructions. Just a little more detail: (3) the clips are one each side of the panel; (5) these two screws are on the inside lower part of module, (6) unclip the plastic tabs from the back (where the plug end is) first and it should lift up easily.
I had this happen on my 98 Ranger.(code 27) My light on the module that turns off the passenger side airbag was burnt out. I went to Radio Shack and bought a 12v light with wires attached and soldered them to the existing light.(didn't even take it out!) It fixed it!! Cost, about $1.50 and 20 minutes of fix time.
Note: If the light by the key switch to turn off the passenger side airbag does not work, it disables the entire airbag system! Hope yours is as easy to fix.
Thanks for your post. I have no way to read codes, but I heard the five tone alarm every time I started the vehicle and the passenger air bag off light did not light up. I was skeptical, but tried your advice and it worked.
1) 12-volt colored lamp (Radio Shack part: 272-1099)
1) socket set
2) philips head screw driver
3) soldering iron
1) remove ash tray from console panel
2) using a socket set, remove 4 hex head screws from console panel
3) pull console panel out of the two clips
4) remove connector from air bag key module in console panel and take console panel to a work bench
5) remove 2 philips head screws to remove the airbag key module
6) carefully unclip the plastic tabs that hold the airbag key module case together
7) remove connector circuit board from air bag key module
8) solder the yellow replacement lamp to the two solder pads for the original lamp on the back side of the circuit board (which wire to which pad does not matter)
9) tie the replacement lamp in place next to the original lamp
10) replace the circuit board in the airbag key module and snap the case back together
11) connect the airbag key module in the truck and start the engine to check that the lamp illuminates and that the alarm does not sound
12) screw the aribag key module back into the console panel
13) snap the console panel back into the truck
14) replace the 4 hex head screws
15) replace the ash tray
Posted on Nov 04, 2009
The light (on the key switch) that indicates whether the passenger airbag is on or off is, more than likely, burned out. You can either replace the whole switch ($$$) or you can take it apart and solder a new led into the circuit board. You can get the bulb at radio shack (make sure it is 12v). Good Luck!
Posted on Nov 17, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 01, 2016 | 1995 Ford Taurus
Dec 16, 2013 | 2001 Ford Explorer Sport
Jun 15, 2012 | Chevrolet Impala Cars & Trucks
Mar 03, 2011 | 2002 Ford Explorer
Sep 27, 2010 | 2003 Ford Explorer
Jan 30, 2010 | 2006 Ford F 350 Super Duty
Dec 03, 2009 | 2002 Ford Explorer
Nov 24, 2009 | 2000 Ford Explorer
Feb 11, 2009 | 1999 Ford Explorer
Jun 10, 2008 | 2001 Ford Explorer Sport
1,673 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: